Haying in WV

/ Haying in WV
This year we started doing our own hay on leased fields but my wife and I are closing on our first farm and it has 12 acres of FLAT hay fields and plenty more fields around to lease.

/ Haying in WV #12  
I have re-baled more than one bale that ran away and unrolled as it went. We had some pretty steep hills on the farm and round bales don't like to stay put. Ed

/ Haying in WV #13  
The one field we do I sat with both legs on the up hill side of the steering wheel ready to jump it was that steep! I actually had the hay rake tip up with me. I got my Ferguson TO-35 and it sits so low and it is out wide I didn't feel a thing on them hill. The person who cut the one farm before us did round bale it!

That's what you need to work on those WV hillsides--a straddle tractor like your TO-35.
My 1964 MF135 diesel would be my choice to work on such hills. It was set up to squat low to work in the orchards around my place. Rear tires are 18" wide on 16" diameter rims and are loaded 2/3 with water. The front spindles have been shortened to keep the tractor level.

MF135 stump1 (1).JPGMF135 stump2.JPG

Good luck and be careful out there.