hello and damage without one-way clutch

/ hello and damage without one-way clutch #21  
Boy is this tractor owner confused here. I have owned or operated tractors with all kinds of clutches. Only tractor even had pushed by a pto implement was old style with a single stage clutch where transmission and pto were engaged together.

Do NOT ASSUME you are safe to add a over running clutch into any pto shaft without checking to be sure there is the travel needed for the extra length the clutch adds. If the shaft is too long you can damage the shaft, implement or worst the tractor. Never ever assume a pto shaft is not too long if you have never used that shaft on that implement on that tractor. The safe way is to not connect the pto shaft until you live the implement where the shaft would be level. That is where the shaft has to be the shortest. Too many will check their shaft with the lift arms low and then raise the lift to find out shaft is too long and something damaged.

/ hello and damage without one-way clutch #22  
for the record I got THIS ONE that is the quick release version, it works just fine, I didn't want to use the pin type since it would be a pain to go back to pull implements with my tractor's setup...

Okaye. Great news for folks with the newer tractors and shafts without a hole...and for those who swap a lot or for the additional 15 bucks don't want the hassle.