Hello from the BIG Easy!

/ Hello from the BIG Easy! #1  

parallel

Bronze Member
Tractor
None... yet.
Great site y'all have here. I am originally from rural Northwest PA (Warren County). After joining the U.S. Navy to escape the country life, serving for 12 years active duty, serving as a reserve Police Patrol Officer, a fire alarm technician, a 3d designer (after college) for the largest super yacht builder in the U.S. and finally settling into owning and operating a drafting & design firm in the New Orleans, Louisiana area... I find myself wanting what I worked so hard to leave all those years ago. Wow... that is quite the run on sentence, but that is how to best convey my journey of the last 25 years. I will have to settle for my little plot in a secluded subdivision where I will at least have the room to plant a decent garden.

Now for the reason I am here. My dad still lives on his nearly 20 acres in PA and is about to retire early at sixty two and half. As far back as I can remember he has always wanted a Kubota tractor with a front loader and a backhoe. Now that he is set for his retirement he is finally seriously considering buying one. However, he is hearing that the compact Kubota that he has always wanted might not be enough to handle all of the things that he would like to do. This is where I and this site come in... I intend to learn all that I can about the makes and models of tractors available and at least arm him with the knowledge that he needs to make an educated decision.

Also, I am in the process of closing on a larger house that is on 1/2 acre (four times the size of the lot my current home sits on) and I might be in the market for a small tractor to help around my property. Hopefully I'll be able to pick your collective brains and make an educated decision of my own.

/ Hello from the BIG Easy! #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)
Lot of knowledge here,use search than set back enjoy.

/ Hello from the BIG Easy! #4  
Welcome to the TBN Family.

Take care and do Enjoy!

/ Hello from the BIG Easy!
Thanks for the welcome y'all.

/ Hello from the BIG Easy! #6  
WELCOME TO TBN!!!

/ Hello from the BIG Easy!
Welcome neighbor! Let me know if I can help you any. I have a Kubota L4400 with fel but no backhoe experience.

Thanks, I know pretty much where you are. I am in LaPlace, both the house I own now and the house that I am closing on on Friday that I referred to in my first post.