Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie.

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #1  

lhocking

Tractor
MF 231(sold), Kubota MX5400DT, 3rd function, R1, TOP-N-TILT
Purchased my first tractor this summer - MF231 w/MF231 FEL. First diesel. Hours were just under 1k so before using it I decided to do the 1K service. Had the wonderful experience of bleeding the fuel lines after replacing the fuel filter - live and learn. Let a dealer adjust the valves because I had no capacity to drain a full tank of diesel and adjust clutch and brakes - lack of equipment here too. Struggling with the 3 pt. I don't believe it was ever used because the prior owner handed me the top link connection part and it was brand new, not a scratch on it. I figured out today that the main hydraulic valve is a three position item instead of the two position I thought it was. So I got the 3 point to raise for the first time today. If I could only get it to lower I would have a merry Christmas. The process is complicated by the lack of readable indicators on the position and draft control. The decals are bleached out - how much extra cost would it have been to stamp the information on? The only other issue is the designers never thought anyone would have size 12 shoes. Getting off and on is a real balancing act. I do love the sound of that 3 cylinder diesel. The overall weight is also a comfort. Hoping to give her a real workout in 2021.

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site.

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #3  
Welcome to TBN and Massey ownership!

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #5  
Welcome to the forum and tractor life!

:tractor: :welcome:

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #6  
:welcome: to TBN...enjoy.

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #7  
Welcome from the mitten. My 3pt has a bleed knob( I think it痴 a valve) that slows a heavy attachment when lowering it. I have a pto chipper and restricting this then gently lowers the chipper. With nothing mounted, I can稚 lower it unless I open this valve. (Turn threaded handle under my seat) Yours might be similar.

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #8  
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the tractor. I can also relate to the size 12 boot scoot shuffle trying to make room for them on the platform.

/ Hello from the south shore of Lake Erie. #9  
I spent 30 yrs of my life on the banks of the mighty burning Cuyahoga!
Welcome from an ex-Buckeye.