3-Point Hitch [Help] 2538 Draw Bar Hydraulics

/ [Help] 2538 Draw Bar Hydraulics #1  

Cataliades

Tractor
Mahindra 2538
I just received my 2538 TLB a few days ago and finally had some time to get some work done on it today. Picked up a landscape rake and a box blade and tried to go to work. Got the backhoe off the tractor quickly but for the life of me (and four neighbors) we can't get the up/down hydraulics for the draw bar to work. The lever doesn't really move at all.

Being that it is a holiday, the dealer is closed until tomorrow. =/

Any ideas?

I tried the lowering speed control knob in multiple positions.
Ensured the hydraulic line for the backhoe was looped back into the other port like it should be (tried with it disconnected too).

/ [Help] 2538 Draw Bar Hydraulics #2  
Does the lever feel as though it is stuck or stiff? if so....... its an easy fix...... if you look where the lever attaches to the side of the gear box under the seat right side of machine.... there are (2) two studs with nuts on them.... if you loosen the the outer nuts a turn or two then tighten the inner "lock" nuts. that will alleviate the pressure on the mechanism.....

there is a post on here about this situation....... if that is what the issue is!

Good luck
Matty

/ [Help] 2538 Draw Bar Hydraulics
The lever doesn't move at all.

I'll try that when I go back out... Thanks!

/ [Help] 2538 Draw Bar Hydraulics #4  
The lever doesn't move at all.

I'll try that when I go back out... Thanks!

I bought a 2540 that had sat outside at the dealership for the better part of a year. The first time I tried to move the 3-point lever I couldn't. I lubed up anything I could get to, and finally just gave it all I had, and it moved. It's fine now, but I actually bent the handle a bit! Once you do get it moving, make sure you loosen the needle valve under the seat–that controls the "down" speed of the 3-point, and can lock it; that's another thing I found very, very tight! Plus, for all of the turns that it has, most of the adjustment for drop speed is in 1/2 turn. The first few turns from locked 3-point do nothing, then you can feel it break loose, and a little too much gets it in "plummet" mode.
BTW, the draw bar is actually that thing down at the bottom of the tractor to which you can hitch your wagon; it's not hydraulic.

/ [Help] 2538 Draw Bar Hydraulics
@CincyFlyer - Thanks! Still learning the vernacular.

It looks like the linkage hadn't been used since it was painted. I tried loosening the tension adjustment plate but that didn't work. A few taps with the hammer loosened it up and it works perfect now!