help! been locked out

/ help! been locked out #11  
<font color=blue>keep five vehicles running</font color=blue>

That's terrible; it was all I could do to keep 3 (wife and two teenage daughters) going at the same time. Fortunately, the city was providing my own vehicle by that time.

<font color=blue>you needed earplugs to sheild yourself from the whining!</font color=blue>

I did a lot of whining, whimpering, and crying myself trying to keep those 3 going./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bird

/ help! been locked out #12  
I can relate to that! I spent a lot of time keepin' that older crowd in wheels, and in a couple years, will have to set something up the for the not so little young one comin' up.
He ain't gonna use my pickup...or whatever I have at that time!
Thought the Craftsman tool boxes had the numbers imprinted on the locks, glad to hear someone confirmed that. Makes life MUCH easier for key replacement. Get a spare, and put on your keyring! I always give the wife a duplicate also, but SHE always loses them. I have no idea where that 'Safe Place' so it won't get lost is.

/ help! been locked out #13  
If the tool chest isn't too heavy, take it to a locksmith and have them pick it ($10 last time I did this), then go to your neighborhood hardware store and buy another lock for about $5.
Good Luck!
--Jim

/ help! been locked out #14  
I'll second the locksmith suggestion. Those guys are GOOD. I had a truck that I was locked out of one time, called a locksmith and watched him "make" a key simply by grinding notches cold, with no guide. He inserted the blank, pulled it out, looked at it, notched it, inserted it, repeat, inserted it, repeat....4 times and unlocked my truck. Made me feel real secure downtown /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

/ help! been locked out #15  
littledog,

Did you solve your "lockout" problem? I may be able to help, if you haven't. I'll need the lock number from the front of the lock on the locked chest. I may have a spare I could send you. Let me know. Jim e-mail: DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:
   / help! been locked out #16  
jaybig,

Mod to my e-mail above. The spare I have is the key if our lock numbers match. Jim e-mail: DELETED

Last edited by a moderator:
   / help! been locked out #17  
well i pulled another smooth move by locking my craftsman tool chest and then putting the keys somewhere where i just plumb forgot where. i've almost forgot what's in there, but when i need something at the time i just kick myself knowing that it's locked up. any suggestions other than a locksmith? will another craftsman key work, or possible to pick it, or can we dismantle it somehow? any tips would be appreciated.

jaybig,

Mod to my e-mail above. The spare I have is the key if our lock numbers match. Jim e-mail: jdm4@me.com

Ancient thread, littledog hasn't been around since 2003.

/ help! been locked out #18  
littledog,

Did you solve your "lockout" problem? I may be able to help, if you haven't. I'll need the lock number from the front of the lock on the locked chest. I may have a spare I could send you. Let me know. Jim e-mail: DELETED

Well, it's been 13 years, so it's probably been solved! Unless he just gave up on his toolbox all this time.

You should not post your e-mail address out in the open unless you are looking to get a ton of spam.

/ help! been locked out #19  
Ancient thread, littledog hasn't been around since 2003.

Quite the Zombie thread! :D

tumblr_inline_mld44rZUeY1roozkr.gif