HELP I need hydraulic filter info

/ HELP I need hydraulic filter info #1  

junkers

Bronze Member
Tractor
180 Dragon
The tractor is a 180 Dragon. The issue is the hydraulic filters need to be replaced and as usual there is no info available on the web.
looks like a 2 cyl Diesel engine .Model # on engine is J285T
That is the only info on the whole tractor. No part numbers on the filters. The issue I run up on is that the filter suppliers all go by the part numbers..
its not like it was years ago when it could be matched up with another filter.
I was told that you guys have a member called bluechip that may be able to help
the dimensions are as follows

OD-- 4" high X 3 1/2 X 1 1/4 inside hole
OD-- 3 3/4 high X 1 3/4 X 1" center hole
006.JPG005.JPG001.JPG

/ HELP I need hydraulic filter info #2  
Schroeder Industries used to have a site where you could search by size. I have not looked at this site in years so that feature may no longer be available.

/ HELP I need hydraulic filter info
thanks for the info. I will check it out Monday

Thanks for the reply
The biggest issue is finding a filter Co that can also search by dimensions.
oldnslo suggested I check with Schroeder Industries. I will do that Monday and thanks for your tip .
The problem seems to be finding sources that can match up parts when it comes to old tractors when
the model number is of no help.
I would like to see a board start up on this forum that has source info for obsolete parts on old tractors

all help is appreciated .

I contacted Schroeder Industries about the filters and the reply was as follows

I ran this through my technical guys, and they are sadly unable to find anything we can match up with this. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
John W. Lasanich
Customer Service Representative
Schroeder Industries

/ HELP I need hydraulic filter info #7  
Are there any marks on the filters themselves? There should be some stamped numbers it seems to me.

Good luck.

ETA: Advice #2: Call Fleetfilter.com and ask them if they can cross reference a filter via type and size. Somebody has to have these in an electronic data base searchable via size.

It would make my life a lot easier if there was any numbers at all. but there is not.
I do want to pass on a bit of part info on Chinese tractor parts I ran across after days of searching. Google new rhino tractor parts
and click on the link
thanks for posting

Big update
went to the NAPA warehouse in Knoxville,tn with the filters . God must be with me today because I talked to a 16 year NAPA Female manager
that took a lot of time in the older filter books . as it turned out she is sending the larger filter to the techs at Wix filters. two to four week reply.
but she found a filter that will work for the small one. But a small alteration is required. very simple. check the pics.
The brand filter NAPA Gold 3507 is a perfect fit. you need to take what I call a all size drill bit shown in pic and drill out the end of the filter because one end is closed.
be careful you don't over tighten the cap or you will screw up the gasket re installing

PS after rechecking the filter cap and seeing how it seals against the filter, I don't think you have to drill out the end of the filter.

Attachments

• filters 001.JPG
    filters 001.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 80
  • filters 002.JPG
    filters 002.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: