Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH #11  
NEXT JUNE! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Man I don't know if I could wait that long! Good Luck!

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH
I don't want to wait at all! I hear yuh! But I think the neighbors would really think I'm crazy is I started cutting grass on my 75x120 city lot with the GC2310......

A trip to the dealer's warehouse is in order I think, maybe around Jan to ward off cabin fever. It will be kind of strange to be making payments on something I've never even taken delivery of. Oh well, I'll be 7 months down on the payments when we move in /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH #13  
I have the same issue, we are looking at a B7610 with out hoe and the new BX24 with hoe. Im leaning towards the BX24, even though it doesn't have the lift (FEL) or the ground clearance of the larger B7610!

KC

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH #14  
I'm with you KC. I have a ton of land with stumps which is making up my mind for me. BX doesn't have the height / clearance I need. Other than that, I am fairly certain I would be looking at that. I'm just trying to convince my lovely wife that I need it before snow hits! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Now that's a tough sell!

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH #15  
Almost forgot......
jayhaitch...CONGRATS!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH #16  
I think the tractor/implement manufacturers are really missing a beat in not making a Gravely rotary plow driven by the PTO. They can be used to make raised rows, dig trenches, dig post holes and, of course, break up unplowed virgin ground. Alas, one isn't available.

My blood turns towards green. If I wanted a small tractor with a BH, I'd strongly consider the 4110. Love my 4010. The 4110 has a little more hydraulic pumping rate and Hp and is designed to take a BH (and is about US$2k more).

I tried a BX1830 and a B7510. Didn't really like them. The BX seemed not enough reach beyond my 12 hp Gravely (now sold), and I didn't like the tall ROPS and the controls on the 7510. (One of my consids was a fixed ROPS to go underneath my garage and basement doors; the 4010 does. Sure as the world if I bought one that was too high, I'd forget to lower it.)

Ralph

/ Help me decide: CUT vs Sub-CUT w/BH
RalphVa: It WAS a tough decision. The 4110 was wonderful. I really like the JD twin touch pedal arrangement. The fit and finish did seem to be higher, more "modern" than either Kubota or Massey. But eventually price does matter. Even with a Woods BH, the 4110+woods would have been $4200 more than the GC2310, and I just couldn't justify the price. If I had 5 acres I'd buy a CUT, but for my 2.2 acres the sub-CUT size seemed fine. The salesman actually said Kubota's info to their salesmen advise them to demonstrate the BX1500 up to ~1.5 acres, the BX1830/2230/BX23 up to 5 acres, their CUT line thereafter.

But at some point, you just have to "get off the pot" and make a decision /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Time will tell if I wish I'd gotten a bigger machine, but I think the BH will be a huge benefit. The bigger the better, but at some point I don't want to work any harder to pay for all this (new house, new car for Mrs., tractor for me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)