Buying Advice Help me with my tractor addiction please

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please #1  

tungularafishcamp

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota L2800, 1/2 of a L48
Hi folks
I have become totally dependent on my little kubota here at fish camp. At this point if it were to go down even temporarily it would shut my operation down:(
So I figure it is time to get a backup tractor now!

That said I really like the euro style articulated, same size tires(duals from n rear are a must for me) and if I'm dreaming the reversible operators station:)
I came across this the other night

W-5 YUKON Articulated Utility Tractor - High performance tractors, mowers, and outdoor power equipment - WISCONSIN Engineering

Which is probably the only thing new in my price range I can afford.

What do you know/think about these?

And anyone know where I can find what I am looking for used? Tons of them for sale cheap in europe(can't imagine shipping them is cheap:(
Unfortunately not many of them have made it to the US n Canada.

I need it in the 30-50 hp range and able to lift at least 1500 with the loader.
Any advice from the vast knowledge bank of TBN?
Thanks

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please
Really, no one has an opinion on this tractor???

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please #3  
Dealer network and support would be lacking. I suspect they are well built.

What do the cost? Heavy for their size.

Seeing as it has to come out here via a 90 mile boat ride, I don't really have a dealer network I can easily rely on:/
Parts are said to be readily available, I haven't factored in shipping yet tho and it could make it no deal at all.
Base price includes cab is only 15,000 euro or just south of 18,000

Attachments

• image-1449409732.jpg
    image-1449409732.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3730772745.jpg
    image-3730772745.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2148282724.jpg
    image-2148282724.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 56
   / Help me with my tractor addiction please #5  
Interesting tractor, but one that's basically unknown on this side of the Atlantic. Almost too inexpensive to be credible. As long as you don't mind being one of the few Yukon owners around, you would be getting in on the ground floor, as they say. Seriously, you're wise to check it out before putting down your money.

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please #6  
No knowledge of said tractor but the price vs tractor may be an indication of what you get.

In your location availability and access to parts may be a first requirement.

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please #7  
IMHO - you are looking for advice regarding stepping into the unknown behind door three. I see absolutely no dealerships listed in the good 'ol USA and that alone would put the kibosh on it, for me.

Granted, your location is pretty remote, but why complicate the situation with a unit that has no dealership on the continent you currently occupy.

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please #8  
I doubt it could be imported.

A US specific model would need to be developed, meeting safety and Tier 4 Requirements, etc.

No US sales/support network. That would really cost them.

No SSQA

4 GPM hydraulic flow is really low.

Who are these guys? Seems a legit outfit, but I doubt they could sell in USA at less than $30K/unit and those implements add up.

/ Help me with my tractor addiction please #9  
I would look for something that made a little more sense.Lots of tractors available that you can get normal wear/tear parts for.I wouldn't want a "red-headed orphan step-child".

Setup like I want with duals n fel it is less than 20k and they do import to the us, they have one going to the Midwest in Jan. I was hoping to find someone on here that either had one or had seen one. But your right I will be in the middle of nowhere with no support with a small company that might not be in business tomorrow. Would be nice to find what I am looking for to be available here from a major manufacturer.

Unfortunately all the midsize tractors here in the US and Canada are all small front wheel rigs. Being pinched between the beach n the tundra I really like the idea of the same size front wheels especially since most of my work is with the loader. As you have seen in my previous posts I have them front n rear on my l2800 or that tractor would be worthless here.

Europe, especially Italy make all kinds of articulated, same size tire rigs in midsize and even compact tractors. Check out the Corrinis, unfortunately here you only get that option when you go extra large:(

Someone here on TBN I believe from Australia has one of those style tractors with the reversible drive station, unfortunately I can't find his posts, but it looks like the perfect machine for me. I found an awesome almost brand new Corrinni here in the US but it is almost 80 k:(

And this is just supposed to be a backup tractor in case the l2800 goes down! So it might be all pie in the sky unless....maybe it's picquing one of U'uns interest and we split shipping n get a couple of them;)