Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #11  
If you have your operators manual check out the hyd unit section. For both my L4060 and M7060 it says that "To use the single acting cylinder with the float valve to connect this cylinder to the (c) port". These are the ports on the left side. It sounds like it will only work on a Float type valve and not the Double acting valve which is what you might have.

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #12  
If the hyd block was used to plumb the remote. Look under your right side floor right under foot. There is a hyd block with a valve that you can turn to give you pressure back there. It takes a straight screw driver to turn it.

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #13  
There is no reason it should not work if everything is set up right on your tractor and mower. You have exactly the same remote valve I do and I run a single acting cylinders on both my sicklebar and my dump trailer. The cylinder needs an open vent on the dead side to let air in and out as the rod extends and retracts or it will restrict the cylinder. Look in your manual and check that the hydraulic block that LeeJohn talked about is in the right position. The manual shows how it should be. But if you have a FEL and your 3-pt lift arms work it is probably set right. Get a hydraulic pressure gauge with a QC on it that is good for 3000 psi and check the pressure. ( inexpensive and useful tool) Either port should work. But the active lever direction will change depending on which port you connect to.

PresGuage.JPG

EDIT: Source for inexpensive test gauge

Bottom Mounted Pressure Gauges

gg

Last edited:
   / Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #14  
I'm one more in the "it should work just fine" camp as long as the wing has enough force, leverage or "push" to collapse the cylinder when the remote lever is held.

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes
Thank you all for your help. Just reporting back that it is working as you all said it would/should. I was simply not holding the lever open long enough to get the flow going. To answer an earlier question its a 12 foot batwing finsh mower. The tractor seems to handle it fine. Thanks again

/ Help running Single Acting Cyliner on Dual Remotes #16  
Glad you got it working. Simple solutions are the best !!! I was wondering how you made out with your problem. Always good to hear the outcome - Thank you

gg