Help w compressor selection.

/ Help w compressor selection. #32  
I may implement the decreased pressure suggestion as well and am considering reducing the motor s pully with the new pump for the IR will give up some CFM with the under gear but should increase longevity of the china pump.
Air compressor pumps are a snap to repair if you can get parts. Mostly they just need a new diaphragm.

/ Help w compressor selection. #33  
Air compressor pumps are a snap to repair if you can get parts. Mostly they just need a new diaphragm.

Actually I think the reeds? are working fine, but , if new ones are available will get them as well.
I repaired a couple older Campbell Hausfeld piston pumps over the years and in both cases it was just oil pumping and slower pump up caused by worn rings. Pretty sure that is all the Ingersoll needs as well.

Pump runs smooth and other than what I consider excessive oil being discharged with the air, no complaints. I still have the original part numbers for the bearing shells, rings, and seals, but called Ingersoll years back and was told they no longer had those part numbers available.

I would bet after I get the HF pump shoehorned in, and tear down the IR pump I can do some measuring and source some aftermarket rings that will work.
This HF pump actually has slightly better output ratings than the old IR (if legit) as far as CFM per minute and also I believe the pump is speced to run a bit slower as well to get the rated output. picked up some fittings today as well for the project but may be a bit before I tear it down.

I also pieced together an intake silencer for my new 2 stage MAT Holdings Compressor.

Used a new "Hush" Thrush Muffler that was on sale and some HF Hose for a sump pump.
Really softened up the Intake noise.
I Plan on modding the new pump air intake on the converted IR as well since I bought 2 Thrush mufflers. If the HF Pump works well- I may just fix up the IR Pump and then see how the HF pump holds up.