Help......What is this piece, where can I get one?

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one?
The baler is Massey Ferguson, I haven't found the model yet. I'm wondering if I could swap out the support from the cutter to baler? They look the same but not sure. I will see who our local MF dealer is and see if they can get one. I was just in a hurry since I was going to be cutting and baling starting Thursday.

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one? #12  
You may be able to buy the carrier bearing but i would fab a replacement and make a template with wood and have a welder fabricate it. The carrier bearing needs to flex thats why it original was in rubber and UHMW around the bearing.

1. You need a flexible rubber insert inside the carrier- I suggest go to HD or Lowes, getting a rubber plumbing connector that is 1/4" smaller than the OD of the bearing. and stretch this over the bearing and cut to size to be slightly larger than the width of the bearing.
2. Build a wood block template (think two U shape blocks) that is the carrier block and put a 1/4" plywood on either side to hold the rubber in place.
3. Fit this to your baler make adjustments, then get someone to fabricate this out of metal, then install using the rubber to cushion the bearing and the bolts secure it around the bearing and provide the flex needed..

Look up carrier bearing and you should get the idea,

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one? #13  
I probably have one sitting on the shelf, let me see if I can go take a picture of it.

Aaron Z

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one? #14  
Case and New Holland used something like that, the NH part number for the housing is 34056
Looks like this:
IMG_20200830_210709580.jpg

IMG_20200830_210658542.jpg

Messicks has one in stock for $130ish (just the housing, would also need the bearing) your local dealer may as well.
Or you could get a base mount pillow block bearing and figure out how to mount it to the bolt. It only needs to swivel forward and back, side to side swivel is taken care of by the single bolt on the next piece down.
If they are the same between the cutter and baler you should be able to switch them, just makje sure that the shafts match and switch the whole shaft from the sliding extension part behind the bracket out.
Just MAKE SURE that the U joints are in phase (the yokes at both ends of the shaft need to line up) or you will have a nasty vibration.

Aaron Z

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one? #15  
You may be able to buy the carrier bearing but i would fab a replacement and make a template with wood and have a welder fabricate it. The carrier bearing needs to flex thats why it original was in rubber and UHMW around the bearing.

1. You need a flexible rubber insert inside the carrier- I suggest go to HD or Lowes, getting a rubber plumbing connector that is 1/4" smaller than the OD of the bearing. and stretch this over the bearing and cut to size to be slightly larger than the width of the bearing.
2. Build a wood block template (think two U shape blocks) that is the carrier block and put a 1/4" plywood on either side to hold the rubber in place.
3. Fit this to your baler make adjustments, then get someone to fabricate this out of metal, then install using the rubber to cushion the bearing and the bolts secure it around the bearing and provide the flex needed..

Look up carrier bearing and you should get the idea,
Nope, the bearing is solidly mounted to the housing. Swivel to the right and left is provided by the single bolt where the two u shaped pieces come together and pivot (front to back) is provided by the long bolt under the bearing housing.
It needs more movement than a typical carrier bearing mount can provide to handle the tongue swiveling 30-45 degrees when you switch from towing position to baling position.
Looks to me like someone tried to lift the tongue by the PTO shaft (or hooked a 3 point lower link arm under the shaft on a corner) and the housing couldn't take it

Aaron Z

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one? #16  
Do not attempt to operate baler without a pto brg housing. Many pieces of farm machinery utilized pillow block type housing. This housing part# 153121M1 is listed for several MF small sq balers. I'll suggest to check equipment salvage yards for a used brg housing

/ Help......What is this piece, where can I get one?
Thank you everyone for all the advice and suggestions. I really appreciate all the help.