Help with 186D Rear Wheels

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels #1  

odiebob

Tractor
JD 4400 w/430 loader Yanmar 186D Yanmar YM146 with mower Wheel horse 1276 with tiller
I have a original 186D est. year 1980 with front loader. It's been sitting in a pole barn for lots of years.
It runs great but the problem is calcium chloride in rear tires ate rear rims. I want to use it to clean up snow this winter
and probably sell it in the spring. Where can I find rear wheels?? Has 9.5-16 original ag tires on it. So guessing 8-16 wheels.
Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank You in advance.
Bob

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels #2  
I have a original 186D est. year 1980 with front loader. It's been sitting in a pole barn for lots of years.
It runs great but the problem is calcium chloride in rear tires ate rear rims. I want to use it to clean up snow this winter
and probably sell it in the spring. Where can I find rear wheels?? Has 9.5-16 original ag tires on it. So guessing 8-16 wheels.
Bob
Hoye has the rear's listed as available but hopefully someone can point you to a rim that will cross fit.

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels #3  
Bob

Bob,

If the machine was 2WD, most of us could point you to local places in your region. But 4WD limits the options as the Lead and Lag need to work in harmony.

Some options are to look at John Deere compact tractor rims that would work because Yanmar made those machines in Japan. Thus, the rims could be identical. You would need to do a bit of finer measuring and then know the match in the JD p/n system. Others have been successful at that.

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels #4  
Bob
Dug up a Yanmar model listing of tire sizes. :)

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels #5  
Bob

Yanmar used wheels that had the wheel width and diameter stamped right into the rims. Start with those numbers and you won't have to guess at wheel size.
For the Yanmar YM186(D) both the 2wd and 4wd used the same 9.5x16 (4Ply Rating) tires on the rear.
The 2wd used 6x9 on the front; the 4wd used 6x12.

Good luck with it. The YM186D just might have been USA Yanmar's most popular model. Certainly one of my favorites.
rScotty

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels
Thanks Guys!!
It is 4wd. And Hoye rims are for larger turf tires.
What was the John Deere equivalent tractor to the YM 186D? I don't remember.

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels #7  
I bought the rims for our Yanmars from a wheel & rim company that sells to industry. I simply specified size, offset, and bolt configuration.

Cost was less than a quarter of what a tractor dealer wanted for doing the same thing.

Here's an intermediate dealer -

/ Help with 186D Rear Wheels
Thank you rScotty!! I will check on that
Merry Christmas!!
Bob