help with engine removal ffrom a 1010

/ help with engine removal ffrom a 1010 #1  

huntinglabs

Tractor
mf 1010
I have a good friend who I am helping get a 1010 that has bee outside sitting for an extremly long time. We have the head off and it has been rebuilt. There was water in in 2 of the cylindars (not good!!). We are not sure how the water got in there. Either from just sitting for sooo long, a blown head gasket, cracked block or ????.
We want to get the engine pulled but can't see why it won't come loose. We know it sits inside of the frame and we have all of the bolts and nuts off. We had a chain bolted to the block and a hoist connected to the chain. We can go only so far before the hoist gets really hard to pull. We guess that we need to pull the tractor apart like the bigger tractors do but can't figure out why it won't come apart. We have been trying to carefully pry it apart but nothing happens. We have the shaft going to the front wheel assist loose. We just can't see what is keeping it together. We haven't any manuals for it and are planning to get one (any suggestions on where to get one, which one to get, etc.). We would like to continue working on it until we get one or at least get the block out so that we can see what to do to it. We need to know what needs to be done and how to get the block out of the ol'girl.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

/ help with engine removal ffrom a 1010
I am wondering if I have put this post in the wrong place? I was hoping to have this in the Massey Ferguson area for 1010's. Also I have a hard time finding my way around here. I'm not good at technology-especially computers.