Help with the PTO display on my L3130

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #1  

johnems

Bronze Member
Yesterday when I engaged the PTO it came on but the display said PTO off. The display would not show he revolution per minute. I have the service manual spent some time reading and I may try the trouble shooting of the display.

My question is could it be the wiring that feeds the electronic display. Could it be a sensor that send a signal to the electronic display. If so where are they located.

Otherwize the display is working fine.

Any and all thoughts would be apricated.

Thanks John

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #2  
On the 3130 I had the safety switch would not make contact. It's right down under the lever to engage the pto. I think it's just a spring with a arm that pushes the switch in.

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #3  
I have similar problem with the PTO display on my L3240. I have delayed trouble shooting since it up to now it starts working correctly after a few minutes of travel over rough ground. I suspect it’s a sensor issue or loose connection.

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #4  
Just found on another forum where the writer had problem with delayed pto indication. His problem was the switch under the pto on/off lever. It was sticking and had a small metal lever on it that moves when engaging or disengaging the pto. He cleaned it and sprayed some wd 40 on it and then worked fine.

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #5  
Not sure that WD 40 is the greatest thing on contacts. Everyone should have a high quality (zero residue) contact cleaner.

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #6  
Suggest you check the simple stuff first like the pto switch

See photo of WSM page

Dave M7040

Attachments

• forum L3130 pto.jpg
    forum L3130 pto.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 646
   / Help with the PTO display on my L3130 #7  
Not sure that WD 40 is the greatest thing on contacts. Everyone should have a high quality (zero residue) contact cleaner.

That is true if issue is the electrical contacts. Issue could be the mechanical linkage, i.e., “small metal lever,” in which case lubrication could be appropriate, although there are better choices for that than WD-40.

Like I said, I haven’t chased it yet since my issue fixes itself.

/ Help with the PTO display on my L3130
Thanks for all the responses I will check the switch and let you all know how it works out. Thanks John