Buying Advice Help !!!

/ Help !!! #11  
Yes, the 4110 is from Gaylor Trucking in Rudyard, they seem like real nice folk. How has your service been with them? I wish I knew more about the differences between the two tractors. This is going to be a one shot deal, I'm not going to be in this position again. Which one is the better made tractor, better reliability? Are you happy with your dealer ?

Both are good tractors. The 4110 is Korean and the 4035 is from India. The 4035 is quite a bit heavier than the 4110, if you look at the rear axle area on both you will see the difference. The 4035 also has sliding bottom arms on the three point to help with hooking up equipment. The 4035 also has a 11 gpm hyd pump vs. around 8 gpm for the 4110. The 4035 is just more tractor. So remember that whilst the tractors have simular horsepower they are quite different. I have not had my tractor back for any type of service. But Justin, the mechanic... and Kathy, the owner... are they reason I bought there. Justin is the one you should talk to. He likes tractors, and it shows. Good luck, Jerry..... :)

/ Help !!! #12  
Tigertag13, I prefer the 35 series for all the reasons Jerryk said, and, it just seems to fit my but better !:D

I've done a whole bunch of comparing, make, model, ALL the different stats...for my purposes and acreage, I'd pretty much decided on a 40 hp...all comps done, the mahindra 4035 came in a solid 1st...then I went and put butt to seat and met wit dealers...NOT, lemme repeat, NOT happy with local JD dealer, kubota came second overall.....most comfortable non cab was the 4035, had the best overall stats and by far was the least expensive...that's the short of how I ended up at the 4035...

Rich

/ Help !!!
Are you or were you worried about the 4035 being only a 3 cylinder instead of a 4 cylinder ?

/ Help !!! #14  
They have been making 3 cylinder inline diesels for many moons. Both the 4 and 3 cylinder designs are 'unsmooth, shaky, or whatever' if not properly counterbalanced. My JD 2240 is a 51 PTO hp [ around 60 engine hp ] and a 3 cylinder..... runs great and sounds sweet to me.... :)

/ Help !!! #15  
If the budget allows the new 4035, then it's a no brainer. The 4110 is a great tractor, but not the equivalent of a 4035.

The 35 series were designed by customers and dealers in the USA. Mahindra sent around a design team a few years back and they met with customers and dealers in various locations across the USA. The went over possible features, capacities, etc. The general consensus was that we wanted steel hoods and fenders, large tires, sleek hood, lights up high so we could see over the loader, a nice seat, a worklight standard, telescoping rear sway links, cup holders, etc., etc. And we got it. And since the engineers in India don't understand "compact tractor" like we do, they built these things like tanks. And that is good as long as you aren't trying to mow the lawn with it, it's a little heavy for that. Although they sell a large set of turfs for the 4035 and a truly mondo set for the 5035. They look so cool, and I suppose they lighten the footprint adequately.

/ Help !!! #16  
If you are concerned about the 3 cylinder 4035 [ which you should not be], you can always have Gaylor Trucking truck you up a 5035 from Chatanooga. The 5035 is basically the same as the 4035, except a little more powerful loader, little bigger tires, and a 4 cylinder. Cost a little more, but you said money was NO OBJECT..!!!! :) [ shipping up a special order tractor costs extra, but Kathy did it for me.. ] again... :)

/ Help !!! #17  
Are you or were you worried about the 4035 being only a 3 cylinder instead of a 4 cylinder ?

Nope, not a bit...I have a MF 35 that was built around '65 or so, 3 cy Perkins in it, and it is almost as old as me ! It's still chuggin along just fine...so, if my soon to be owned 4035 lasts that long I'll probably be long gone when it gives up the ghost...so not worried a bit about the 3 cy thing...

Rich