henrob 2000 welding torch

/ henrob 2000 welding torch #1  

gerard

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT w/FEL
Has anyone seen the henrob 2000 torch demo at the farm days yet? It's an oxy acet torch head that looks like a gun and has a tiny pencil point flame. I watched the guy weld two pieces of thin dirty aluminum sheet together. Did the same thing with rusty sheet metal but most impressive was the cutting. Uses a different head and the oxy is introduced with a separate nozle, unlike a normal torch. He was cutting 1/2 inch steel with a kerf the width of a pencil lead. Cut a wafer off the end that looked like it was about 1/32" thick. Cost is a little steep - $309 but if you can weld aluminum without a tig setup I guess that's not too bad. Anyone have one or seen one? Wroughtn harv - Are u familiar with this thing?

/ henrob 2000 welding torch #2  
gerard, Yes I have one, got it at our Farm Show last year from a local rep. The demos are very cool. Here's a link <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/>http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/</A> to a web site for him and it's got some great demo avi files.
I've not used mine but a few times and have not been able to get the cutting feature to work like the demo. The Oxy psi is critical as well as the position of the nozzel. I've sent him picutres of my poor cuts and he's pretty good at getting back to me with suggestions.

I got it mostly for the cutting feature, when they can cut that 1/2" steel into a sliver that you can bend with your fingers(once it cools) with almost no slag at all.

gary

/ henrob 2000 welding torch #3  
<font color=blue>Wroughtn harv - Are u familiar with this thing?</font color=blue>

Yup. Got one. Love it.

I haven't cut with it yet. But I have used it for gas welding and brazing a bit. I wasn't too impressed with the aluminum welding but I have a tig so that isn't my interest with it.

Just last night I was gas welding sixteen gauge steel together with it plenty fine. I really like it a lot for that.

I haven't seen anyone demo it. I heard about it from Ron Gunter, he's as close to a blacksmith gawd as you're gonna get an intelligent man to be. So based upon his recommendation and then watching that whacko Jesse James of motorcycle mania on the Discovery channel, well, heck, I had to have one.