Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :)

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #21  
... future father in law (sort of) is very macho...
He thinks he knows it all and does not even let me touch the tractor when he visits town, he did not pay for the tractor...He told me that because that bracket (clamp) is broken, he cannot use the tractor, so I need to find one...If I question him he gets angry and even aggressive.

Time to "man up", my friend. It sounds as if Pops is as ignorant as you are on the subject of the tractor.

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #22  
In one picture it looks like the head of the bolts might be broken off and someone made the bracket to hold the roll over bars on. If so I would replace all with a harder bolt. Do you know if the tractor has ever been rolled over?

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #23  
Leejohn think you are correct, looks like someone tried to remove the bolts that hold the fender and ROPS to the axle and broke them in the process. Instead of fixing them correctly they made up the crappy brackets to put a small amount of clamp load on the flange to axle to hold it all together.

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #24  
Is the fender attached to a roll over post or just a short bracket the fender is mounted to?
I thought it was a post, but then the OP's part sheet pic makes it look like a short bracket.

Either way, like Leejohn says, the add on brackets do look like a fix/duplicate of the original brackets that hold the fender on.

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #25  
You guys could be onto something... the easy answer could come by asking the PO.
I'm only viewing small pics on my phone.
I can't think of any 'good' reason to fit such clamps. Really looking forward to some better photos from the OP.
:wrench:

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #26  
Take that added on stuff off both sides and forget you saw it.

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #27  
It does look as though both fenders were added on and what you are asking about is the bracket that holds them on.

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :)
Just saying hello, I got busy with the hurricane and stuff. But THANK YOU all for your help.

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #29  
Welcome back. This has come to an unsatisfying end. Much input from folks to help you and no answers to most of our questions nor any indication of the resolution to the original issue.
:(

/ Here is the correct part that needs to be identified please :) #30  
Late to this party BUT in the composite pic I circled a difference:
attachment.php

Seems that the outermost factory hangar which holds the mud guard bracket on the left side does not have a nut whereas the one on the right side does.

We need pics from underneath to see if the hangar on the left is missing both nuts and if the hangar on the right has both nuts.

It almost looks like the hangar on the right could be OK.

BUT
I see 2 solutions -
1. Buy the correct part and replace the hangar (or get a stronger bolt to continue with the jury rigged system)
2. Don't let the potential FIL use the tractor, it's broke, can't fix it, the wheel is likely to fall off and explode.

Attachments

• tg0.jpg
    tg0.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 175