Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #1  

The Suburban Farmer

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 2320
Some of you may have seen this before, but it was new to me, so I thought I'd post the video.

Now, after watching this, I'm thinking that I may need to get my son one of those helicopter/quadcopter/hexacopter drones so he can get some footage of our work on the homestead this spring. I thought that doing time-lapse videos was cool, but this takes the "selfie" to a whole new level...

For the cool hexacopter video part, skip to 1:07 in the video... the first part is just a quick Kubota review.

There's a new one being released that works with the Go-Pro cameras and is supposed to be totally idiot proof, but it's crazy-expensive.

3D Robotics Solo quadcopter drone may be the ultimate GoPro accessory - CNET

So, has anyone on here tried the "drone video" thing?

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #2  
For those of us who have moved large dirt piles for days on end, running that 'copter instead of the loader would be a nice diversion.

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #3  
My concern looking at the video was not seeing footing for a retaining wall. My other thought would be he drainage from the hiil/mountain going straight into the addition.
My fears are from seeing land slides here in the land of the fruits and nuts and wiping out entire city blocks when the land get saturated.
Just thinking out loud here.

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #4  
That's a very cool video! I have looked at them for a couple years now but just cant justify it. Maybe when my boys get older. We have a guy in the area that hires his drone services out. Its quite handy for looking at a parcel of land that may not be very easy to get to. (which in this area is very common) He also makes some very cool videos of points of interest in the area.

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #5  
I have built quadcopters before but am not very involved in it now. Back then they were scratch built and video was your cheapest camera tied to it with elastics. The new ones out now are best thought of as "fool resistant" not fool proof. You can still crash it and destroy it and your go pro and possibly damage humans too. The common recommendation is to get one of these...
Amazon.com: Hubsan X4 (H107L) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter, Black: Toys & Games
...and practice to see if you like it. After that the 3DR and DJI have the biggest retail following. You can buy various levels of performance and ease of use. Just remember, you will crash it at some point even with all the auto-features. Best to learn without the gimbal and camera mounted.

Dan

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #6  
i have the phantom 2, vision plus, and it's been fun learning about the hobby.
DJI just released it's new version with more bells and whistles, cameras get better,
gps/auto control gets better, and flight times get longer. but, with any technology
there can be hiccups!
i have flown a lot around my home, and only a couple flights elsewhere so far. i just got
mine in late Nov, so , it's been winter until this past weekend and looking forward to nice
weather and more videos!
there is another TBN member from canada with a similar copter, "tractorgp" who has posted
some of his videos here.

mine are on my youtube channel, here's my latest:
https://youtu.be/Brxbl1CKh8c

/ Hexacopter Drone Tractor Footage #7  
The burn pile they have next to the house would concern me.