High Hedge Trimming

/ High Hedge Trimming #11  
I’m going to go with yes. I see them on commercial jobs all the time being used as a man lift.

/ High Hedge Trimming #12  
I suppose it was rather irresponsible of me posting photos of unsafe working conditions even though many of us admit to doing the same
on occasion.

However I USED to have a Genie articulated manlift on the farm. I sold
It 5 or 6 years ago. That would be one safer way to do my trimming if I still had it.

IMG_1003.JPG

/ High Hedge Trimming #13  
I’m going to go with yes. I see them on commercial jobs all the time being used as a man lift.

Mine is a shorter reach AG model with heavier boom for loader work and doesn’t have stabilizers. As such prob no.

/ High Hedge Trimming #14  
I have been using Gardena Classic 540 FSC for many years. This garden tool has wavy blades that help to securely hold, cut shoots. It is very convenient, in comparison with analogues in which the blades are straight. Sharp enough. The central mounting element is made reliably, with the possibility of twisting when loosening.

/ High Hedge Trimming #16  
Here is the pinnacle of trimming...

Twitter

/ High Hedge Trimming #18  
My choice is Black + Decker. A machine is designed for decorative cutting of manicured hedges of medium size in width and height. However, if necessary, she can cope with long untouched bushes. Her knives are sharpened with a diamond tool and therefore even dry branches are easily cut. And in case of falling between the knives of some durable object, the protection will work, and the motor will simply turn off.
More details on Top 1 Best Hedge Shears [219 In-Depth Review] - Polesawguide

/ High Hedge Trimming #20  
Seeing the picture of the telehandler, are they certified for use as a man lift? Reason for asking is a few weeks back we had 2 guys in a platform on a telehandler trimming trees. The investigators measured their working height at 30 feet when it rolled. The 63 year old was killed in the fall and the 77 year old was air-lifted to Mayo in critical condition. The 38 year old son of the 63 year old was operator, suffered non-life threatening injuries. Is it just being extended too high? Are they certified for use lifting people? Oh, yes, I have been known to use a heavy pallet on the forks of my large tractor as a work platform but never rode the pallet.

Depends on the manufacturer... here's and interesting article on the subject.

Accept Telehandler Limits Before Lifting People | Construction Equipment