Hit the local auction this week, not as impressive as I thought

/ Hit the local auction this week, not as impressive as I thought #11  
It may be different elsewhere, but I gave up on the local auctions around here. As posted above, too many fees and shill bidders to get any real deals.

/ Hit the local auction this week, not as impressive as I thought #12  
Are they anything like Ebay or Gunbroker? Those are the only sites I've used but the prices got ridiculous. I quit bidding on a Stihl Kombi power head a few years ago when somebody went over the maximum I wanted to pay... it ended up selling for more than the price of new.

/ Hit the local auction this week, not as impressive as I thought #13  
Are they anything like Ebay or Gunbroker? Those are the only sites I've used but the prices got ridiculous. I quit bidding on a Stihl Kombi power head a few years ago when somebody went over the maximum I wanted to pay... it ended up selling for more than the price of new.

My observation also. Went to a few auctions where people were nuts with their bidding, paying more for beat up worn equipment than they would have cost them if they'd just gone down to the dealership and bought new.

/ Hit the local auction this week, not as impressive as I thought #14  
Auctions are a better way to sell something than buy something unless there is an item you particularly want in the auction. If you are in business and attend the auction frequently that is bifferent.

Salvage car auctions are limited to licensed dealers, salvage dealers, recyclers and wholesale dealers. The same guys are there on site or online every week.

/ Hit the local auction this week, not as impressive as I thought #15  
My BIL is an auction hound...and I have gone to a lot of them with him.

There are still some local auctions that are NOT internet bidder enabled. I mostly stopped attending auctions with internet bidders, which seems to drive prices higher which is good for the seller, not so much for on-site bidders.

Most of my recent implement purchases have been from Fakebook's Marketplace.

I just picked up a solid deal on an 8' Harley Pro Rake in very good condition...but only after passing over a lot of wrecks online.

Auctions are worth "watching" to gain informed knowledge on the going price for used equipment, which helps to establish your highest price before negotiating a Marketplace purchase.