Homemade tractor

/ Homemade tractor #1  

JayC

Veteran Member
This is one of the tractors my grandfather made from scratch before he passed away. He made a long time ago. He used to use it quite frequently to plow up his gardens. He had another homemade tractor too. A red one. The one shown here is ours now. We bought it to keep around as a sentimental piece as well as use it sometimes too. My great-nephew will love to ride on it. It has a mid-mount plow as well as a rear-mount. The tires have chains on them. I think the engine is a Wisconsin engine. My grandpa also turned a 4x4 Jeep into a 4x4 tractor. He was a mechanical wonder. When it come to things mechanical, he knew what he was doing. His tractors were his life. He had quite a few of them. He had a Oliver 77 I think. An oliver dozer, a Ford 8N with front-end loader. A John Deere 11H (or H11?) I think. And another John Deere tractor. A Cub Cadet garden tractor, the aforementioned converted 4x4 Jeep tractor, and his two homemade ones. Two Farmall Cubs, two or three Massey Fergusson lawn tractors, a Huskey, Ford, Simplicity... He has a LOT of tractors. I could still go on, but I don't want to use up to much space! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 35-191255-trac4.jpg
    35-191255-trac4.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 2,352
   / Homemade tractor #2  
Syxx

Thanks a lot for sharing the picture and the words.

I don't blame you for wanting to hold onto it.

There is too little of mechanical creativity any more in this U.S.

Thanks again.

/ Homemade tractor #3  
Your grandpa was indeed a clever man..sure would of like to set and chatted w/him,also watch his hands at work.

/ Homemade tractor
It was real neat to watch him work. He could do anything mechanical, and that's no exageration! He always loved to talk tractors and anything mechanical as well. He could talk for hours on that if given the chance! I think he would've loved to talk with you!