Honda engine replacement

/ Honda engine replacement #1  

Fitch4123

Tractor
Terramite T5C
Looking to see if anyone has replaced Honda GX620 with a predator engine. My question is, if the drive hub from the Honda engine will fit the Predator engine?

/ Honda engine replacement #2  
Is the Honda rebuildable? That would be my first choice.

My FIL got a free wood splitter with a blown Honda engine, the previous owner never checked or changed the oil. After 5 or 6 years he cooked the Honda motor. The Harbor Freight Predator was a direct swap. I don't know if the OEM Honda was a gx620..... They do call the Predator a fake Honda. The Predator was so cheap my FIL bought 2 so he'd have a spare. 3 years of hard use and he has no complaints.

/ Honda engine replacement #3  
I thought the Predators were Honda clones -I imagine that's an ask google item

/ Honda engine replacement
Is the Honda rebuildable? That would be my first choice.

My FIL got a free wood splitter with a blown Honda engine, the previous owner never checked or changed the oil. After 5 or 6 years he cooked the Honda motor. The Harbor Freight Predator was a direct swap. I don't know if the OEM Honda was a gx620..... They do call the Predator a fake Honda. The Predator was so cheap my FIL bought 2 so he'd have a spare. 3 years of hard use and he has no complaints.
I have no clue how many hours are on it but the machine it's in is at least 20 years old. It runs but is weak, lot of blow-by. I know that the hub from the Kohler won't fit the Predator, like you I believe it's a Honda clone

/ Honda engine replacement #5  
670cc Predator output shaft specs:

1704476533593.png

Predator base mounting diagram:

1704476597682.png

Predator output coupling diagram:

1704476643785.png

Suggest finding the equivalent specs for your Honda and comparing:
Output shaft depends on sub-model per chart here:

1704476991585.png

Honda dimensional drawings here:

Last edited:
  • Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Honda engine replacement #6  
Terry's Terramites advertises Kohler to predator adapters, but I don't know if they have something that will adapt from a Honda. Terry's Terramites

/ Honda engine replacement #7  
I thought the Predators were Honda clones -I imagine that's an ask google item
Loose clone, not exact clone, and even though they seem to hold up pretty good, the Hondas do have better materials in them and are better engines.

SR