honda exhaust

/ honda exhaust #1  

pontiac58

Tractor
terramite T5C, bolens g152
The exhaust on my T5c has rotted out, its loud and annoying. I read somewhere that terramite stopped making that exhaust. Other then cutting and welding, are there any mufflers that will work on the t5c.

/ honda exhaust #2  
Pontiac,
I had the same problem as you. I happened across this thread while looking for something else, and I figured I would offer my solution in case you have not worked it out already (I know this is thread is many months old, but i used earmuffs on my terramite for over a year until I came up with this). I do have a welder and did the modification myself. But you can prep everything yourself and take it to a local welder for just a minimum charge I am sure. I purchased 2 generic salt shaker style mufflers like these: (cant post a link yet) ARNOLD M-111 and a 1" X 6" black iron pipe nipple. I cut the nipple in half, so I had two 3 inch pieces with threads on one end. then took the existing muffler off and cut the two flanges off for reuse. Weld each flange to a Half nipple and thread the muffler on. Because there is no clocking or special alignment these could be welded by anyone anywhere.

Last edited:
   / honda exhaust #3  
I have had my terramite since about 2001 and love it. I had posted on here many years ago but it seems my count got reset.

/ honda exhaust #4  
I only have about two acres but my there are 4 houses on a private road, and between the neighbors my terramite gets used about every other weekend. I used it the winch out my stuck zero turn last weekend and we used it to drag my neighbors John deer garden tractor out of the woods after he blew a hydraulic line. (upping my post count)

Last edited:
   / honda exhaust #5  
You may find this muffler setup is a bit louder than factory but way better then that rotted out thing that is on there. I was worried about a loss of power from the scavenging provided in a single muffler, but I really haven't noticed a difference.

Link to the muffler: Arnold Replacement Muffler, M-111 at Tractor Supply Co.

/ honda exhaust #6  
Terramite Muffler.jpgTerramite muffler2.jpg

I did mine 5 or 6 years ago and it is still working fine.
Todd

/ honda exhaust #7  
Not sayin' these will fit all, but they fit GX610, 620, 670 and might only need a turnout 90 for the end vs TM/Honda's 'side outlet.
Starter side .. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200466894_200466894
Filter side .. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200466893_200466893

There are also Rt and Lt side outlet exhaust for the newer 630, 660, 690 if you upgrade. I believe it's QXA models for our T5Cs. One member upgraded to GX660, a difference being GTR vs the older GTS ignition config.

btw, IIRC if a guy wanted to replace a GX 620 with HFT's Predator, the exhaust outlet is on the filter side .. t o g

/ honda exhaust #8  
I think those are the same mufflers I looked at very closely several years ago and got all of the dimensions from the mfg.... the side outlet is an issue. You would have to modify the front hood support considerably or rework the muffler to front discharge to make it fit. I do think it could be done but, my solution was $20 and two hours of labor, all in. My gx620 is about worn out... I keep thinking about the Predator as a replacement, has anybody successfully done this? My big hang up has been the charging circuit, the gx620 in my Terramite has the 20amp coil, and the predator I am fairly sure only has 6 amps. That is a deal breaker for me, since I use mine for snow removal most often in the evenings.

Todd