honesty

/ honesty #31  
I know this foolishness happens. But, what I don't know, is how much money folks who stand on corners begging actually get. I see folks here in all kinds of weather standing with signs asking for money. I see few, if any, peopl egiving them money.

I assume if its fraud they are getting pretty good cash since it is misreable (at least in my opinion) work.

MoKelly

/ honesty #32  
My dad, who has been totally deaf since he was 4 yrs old ( contracted spinal meningitis) tells a story of riding the train to NYC at which time a man came around begging for money and handing out sign language cards informing everyone on the train that he was deaf. My dad started to speak to the man in sign language asking him why he can't work and quickly discovered that the man was not deaf. He was making believe to gain sympathy and collect money from train riders. This was a hearing person who was , in my dad's eyes, embarrassing deaf people. This infuriated my dad and he told all he could see that this man was a liar and was not deaf. Now, my dad, who worked for 35 yrs as a printer, always went to work and provided for his family. Never asking for a handout. It wasn't easy, but he managed.

/ honesty #33  
My dad, who has been totally deaf since he was 4 yrs old ( contracted spinal meningitis) tells a story of riding the train to NYC at which time a man came around begging for money and handing out sign language cards informing everyone on the train that he was deaf. My dad started to speak to the man in sign language asking him why he can't work and quickly discovered that the man was not deaf. He was making believe to gain sympathy and collect money from train riders. This was a hearing person who was , in my dad's eyes, embarrassing deaf people. This infuriated my dad and he told all he could see that this man was a liar and was not deaf. Now, my dad, who worked for 35 yrs as a printer, always went to work and provided for his family. Never asking for a handout. It wasn't easy, but he managed.

I got a guy that lives not far from me that was in the Army, stationed in Germany. Playing football with his buddy one day and broke his leg and had a laceration. Didn't take care of the laceration, too busy drinking German Beer, got infection and ultimately lost his leg. Gets military disability. Okay, I'll let that slide. Couple years ago he applied for and got a "Disabled Veteran" license plate on his car. Sooooooo,,,, Soldier gets blowed up by an IED in Afghanistan, loses a leg, comes home and applies for "Disabled Veteran" plate. Both guys run the same plate???? Not right!!!! I fully understand your Dad's frustration on the train that day!!!

/ honesty #34  
I didn't read the posts beteen the OP and the last.

Too bad we can't or don't extend this level of scrutiny to the people that run our world. We care more about how white their teeth are or how tall they are!

MOST people don't have their integrity in order in one way or another.

/ honesty #35  
MOST people don't have their integrity in order in one way or another.

My definition of Integrity is "what you do when you think no one is watching".

/ honesty #36  
there was a 60 minutes piece i say years ago that had a hidden camera on some beggers. the ones that mad the tv were one guy that left at the end of the day to get into his BMW. the other was a person that was followed home to their nice HUGE custom home.

i guess even rich can hit hard times, but i think their just rip off artist. if your that hard up...move and sell the BMW