Hours

/ Hours #21  
Older, well maintained machines are climbing in value every day.
I might add that the driving force in the ever increasing cost of not only used machines, but new machines is inflation and I don't see any of that going away any time soon.

/ Hours #22  
One man using a tractor for 10 hrs could put the equivalent of 1,000 hrs damage on it compared to a skilled operator. Less than 5k I wouldn’t be concerned about hrs as much as use and maintenance.
Yep, I'd take a maintained tractor with 5,000 hours over my old neighbor's tractor with .5 hours.

/ Hours #23  
Yep, I'd take a maintained tractor with 5,000 hours over my old neighbor's tractor with .5 hours.
The issue with that is... Most used tractors never come with maintenance records and a lot don't even come with owners manuals (something I've never figured out actually), so it distills down to being informed and doing due diligence when buying a used tractor or any kind of used machinery for that matter.

/ Hours #24  
The issue with that is... Most used tractors never come with maintenance records and a lot don't even come with owners manuals (something I've never figured out actually), so it distills down to being informed and doing due diligence when buying a used tractor or any kind of used machinery for that matter.
That's why I bought new. After seeing my neighbor operate his, I made damn sure I never got one someone like him had owned.

/ Hours #25  
the challenge in today's market also is timing, sales go quick. personally, looking for used, a conversation with the previous owner can reveal a lot if no records. & i would hire an impartial tractor mechanic to check it over.
i know, by then the machine may already be snatched up.

being of advanced age & retired w/equip, i feel very fortunate. i do worry about our next generation tho, they have a hard path ahead given current economy, climate, & other (notice i didn't use the P word)
best of luck to OP on the sale.

/ Hours
It is a 2015 csse ih 75c 4wd tractor i bought didnt get a maintenance record with it so like i always do is change oil and grease checked and replaced filters if needed tractor runs real well appears to be maintained very well as it will be in my hands has original tires which are in good shape

Attachments

• 20220802_122615.jpg
    20220802_122615.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 80
  • 20220809_160040.jpg
    20220809_160040.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
   / Hours #28  
Only thing I see is the drawbar looks bent down and it has the all too common caved in PTO shield.

Besides changing the motor oil, I'd change the transmission oil as well and probably the anti freeze as well and don't forget to check the air filter while you are under the bonnet.

/ Hours
Only thing I see is the drawbar looks bent down and it has the all too common caved in PTO shield.

Besides changing the motor oil, I'd change the transmission oil as well and probably the anti freeze as well and don't forget to check the air filter while you are under the bonnet.
The drawbar is not bent must be a optical illusion pto cage of course is bent should have posted that i replaced all the filters and replaced all oils had to mortgage my house for the filters from case ih lol they must have gold in them somewhere haha