House made from recycled plastic blocks

/ House made from recycled plastic blocks
In the movie Field of Dreams there is something about "if you build it, they will come". I'm living that right now.

At SMU's Living Village, Harvey Lacey Demos a House Built One Plastic Bag At A Time - Dallas News - Unfair Park

You can find more at SMU Engineering & Humanity Week - Home links in red on the right hand side of the page.

Yesterday I was being interviewed by two newspaper reporters when I was called over to a radio interview. Shortly after that we were interupted for a television interview. The good thing about having two wonderful and good looking grandsons on site that are the only two other experts on this is the media loves talking to them more than me.

We've more or less stopped putting the updates on the websites. It is much easier to do it on the facebook pages. Besides that, that's where the kids go to get information. I keep telling the kids that when an adult tells them they want to help by taking over to tell them to go away, they had their chance and didn't do anything.

The positive energy coming from the kids is almost tangible. They come up and they almost explode with it. It's what keeps us going because we have been running on adrenalin for weeks now. And just about the time we feel like we are going to collapse another person will come up and their excitement re-ignites ours.

Yesterday another man my age came up, shook my hand vigorously, and said, "I love your building, but your grandsons are awesome." It happens often. Jane's Journey

If this thing falls flat on the ground my wife and I will not regret a minute or dime we've spent in the last five months because of the experiences we've had with it. Most of all those that we have had with our grandsons.

/ House made from recycled plastic blocks #22  
Harv impressive looking building. I was wondering when looking at the sandbag house, would an igloo shape work well with this process, it would save having to find a metal roof, then again the overhang of the metal roof would protect the mud sides from erosion.

Does leaving an area uncovered let light in, does the plastic act then as a window?

Last edited: