How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote?

/ How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote? #1  

jlukem

Tractor
Mahindra 3016
Here's what I'm thinking..

A stacking rake FIXED to the lift arms of the FEL. The bucket rams then connect to the grapple thumbs and close as the bucket would tilt.

No extra remotes/functions required. This oughta drop the cost of the rake/grapple by at least the amount of $ required to add the extra functions to the little CUTs that don't have it.

I emailed a fab shop by my house to see what they say. I'm going to start with a rake from "rake sales" on highway 59 and see what I can do for the grapple.

Or.. does someone already make this??

-Luke

/ How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote? #2  
I think you're going to miss being able to tweek the curl/uncurl for slippng it under a load, picking off a load from above, stabilizing the load for transport, or using it at an elevated position.

/ How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote? #3  
I agree, I think it would only really be handy for brush or limbs.

The bucket angle of a FEL is too "level" at center IMO. Backhoe solid mounted thumbs work because of the way the boom hangs down over objects, kind of like a claw.

/ How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote? #4  
I've gotten by quite nicely with a set of bucket forks with 2x4 standards placed in holders at the back of the forks...
Curling the bucket allows you to get a lot of material...
Very inexpensive solution versus a grapple...
Especially on a small capacity loader like mine...

/ How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote? #5  
   / How about a Rake/Grapple that doesn't need 3rd remote?
Srs - that's exactly what I was thinking.

I don't think forks will work with my standard bucket. I have a lot of Yaupon to remove and often the root ball is still stuck in the ground when I go to haul it off even though it's laying on its side. I'm moving things to burn piles and trying to have less dirt in the piles.

-Luke