How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve?

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve? #1  

stuart

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4300
I own a 4300 JD hydro and was doing a 10 and 50 Hour service when I came across the instruction to "lubricate the selective control valve (if applicable)" under the 10 hour listing in the manual. The 50 hour instruction just said
"lubricate the selective control valve".
I could not figure out WHERE TO LUBRICATE the SCV. I am not experiencing any problems with it at this time.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve? #2  
I would just hit the linkage pivot points with some spray lube.

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve? #3  
Where the joystick attaches to the tractor there are ball joints. Silicone spray lube works well because it does not attract dirt.

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve?
Thanks: Should I remove the black plastic cover held on by 3 or 4 screws to get to the lube points, or can I just spray the lube behind the cover onto the ball joints?

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve? #5  
stuart said:
Thanks: Should I remove the black plastic cover held on by 3 or 4 screws to get to the lube points, or can I just spray the lube behind the cover onto the ball joints?

I would remove the cover and give everything a wiggle just to make sure nothing is getting ready to fall off...

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve?
Thanks Kenny: Will do and while I am at it. Thanks to this website for helping to keep me and others like me who did not grow up around farm equipment safe and aware of the dangers that exist.

/ How and Where do you "lubricate the selctive control valve? #7  
(Very) late to the party here -- but for future folks finding this chain... You can also just squeeze then lift up the rubber boot on the SCV control stick to expose the linkage. The boot just has a small lip holding it in place.