How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF?

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #1  

BobG_in_VA

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux
OK, seems like a simple enough thing, but I've gone thru the owner's manual and the shop manual to find out how to replace the bulb in the implement light on the left rear fender...there are no screws or other ways to seem to take off the lense...Anyone know??/ I feel like and idiot asking, but I don't want to make a stupid mistake and break something if there is an easy answer... Anyone??/ thanks. BobG in VA

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #2  
If it I not a lamp with a screw retained lenses (Taurus, etc), and no screw retained bezel, then see if it is a hard rubber shell meant to deform and pry lamp out, if so might be par 36 sized.

Post back

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #3  

Attachments

• work light.jpg
    work light.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 330
   / How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #4  
If its like the front lights it is held by a rubber retainer and you need to pry it out.

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF?
If its like the front lights it is held by a rubber retainer and you need to pry it out.

Yeah, its like the front lights...I'm guessing its a pry it out sort of thing with a sealed beam inside...I'll give it a try. Thanks for all the inputs. Bobg in VA

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #6  
Depending on the year you have. The headlight is a seal beam lamp similar to a car headlamp. On my 65 the bulbs are held in with a round wire snap right. The split of the snapping is always at the bottom to keep water out. Wires are attached to the lamp with a screwdriver type screw. Two wires. Could be three if you have high low lamps. On some fender mounted lamps there was a rubber ring that held them in place.

Which type do you have? Where are the lamps mounted?

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF?
Depending on the year you have. The headlight is a seal beam lamp similar to a car headlamp. On my 65 the bulbs are held in with a round wire snap right. The split of the snapping is always at the bottom to keep water out. Wires are attached to the lamp with a screwdriver type screw. Two wires. Could be three if you have high low lamps. On some fender mounted lamps there was a rubber ring that held them in place.

Which type do you have? Where are the lamps mounted?
As I said in the first post, its the implement light mounted on the left rear fender. Anyway, I'm not gonna be plowing at night any time soon...and it doesn't seem to want to come out of the rubber ring holding it in...its a '67 Delux, its probably a sealed beam, but it has a switch on back of the light fixture...don't worry about it...just asking, but looks like you have to destroy the ring to get the dang thing out. BobG in VA

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #8  
Bob, take a blade screwdriver and start where the bulb meats the rubber and first break the seal by going all the way around the bulb then gently pry it off.

/ How do you replace the headlight/bulb on a 135MF? #9  
Paint can make them hard too