How do you say "Iseki"

/ How do you say "Iseki"
I asked a friend of mine that was a Mormon missionary in Japan for 2 years. I couldn't find the Japanese spelling for him at the time, but he said that based on how the Japanese usually spell things when they use Roman characters, the pronunciation would go like this...

ee (as in "tree") sec (like the first syllable in "second") and ee (as in "Tree")

ee-sec-ee with the emphasis on "sec".

/ How do you say "Iseki" #12  
True, very true. A DAMN fine tractor. I own a 1984 tu1600 4wd w/differential locker (engages w/step of a pedal), 16.8 hp, w/rotovator & an aftermarket add -on front loader. And it surprises me everytime I take her out in the field. It only had 62 hrs on it when I purchased her last week, it’s paid ($5800) for itself already. No joke. Oh yeah, it is pronounced
eye-sek-ee, with emphasis on the eye.
IMG_3594.jpeg
IMG_3593.jpeg

/ How do you say "Iseki" #14  
I asked a friend of mine that was a Mormon missionary in Japan for 2 years. I couldn't find the Japanese spelling for him at the time, but he said that based on how the Japanese usually spell things when they use Roman characters, the pronunciation would go like this...

ee (as in "tree") sec (like the first syllable in "second") and ee (as in "Tree")

ee-sec-ee with the emphasis on "sec".
That sounds like it would be correct..

I've always pronounced it 'eye-sec-ee' myself though, but your friend is most likely correct on the first syllable.

/ How do you say "Iseki" #15  
Does anybody know how to reset the idiot light in the picture? I’m talking about the one in the farthest upper right hand corner of the pic. Or what it is even for? The person I bought it from said that it was for the air intake on the air filter. I’m not positive about that, but it came on the other day. I pulled the air filter out and blew everything out of it. Took me about 20 minutes to get it halfway clean put it back together and the idiot light is still on so I don’t know if there’s a way to reset it or do I have to just change the filter. And where do I get parts for an 1984 ISeki, TU 1600 4 x 4 tractor In the USA?? please help
IMG_3609.jpeg

/ How do you say "Iseki" #16  
That sounds like it would be correct..

I've always pronounced it 'eye-sec-ee' myself though, but your friend is most likely correct on the first syllable.
I checked with my daughter who is both a student of linguistics and a bit of a fan of Japanese language in general. She confirmed that it would be ee-sek-ee as vowels are consistent in Japanese. I, too, was mentally saying eye-sek-ee. Nice opportunity to learn, thanks OP.

/ How do you say "Iseki" #17  

E SEEK E?

/ How do you say "Iseki" #18  
Romanji (Japanese with "roman" alphabets) has very simple pronounciation rules.
  • A = ah
  • E = eh
  • I = ee
  • O = oh
  • U = oo
The vowels are all clipped, without any swinging like Americans say their A's like the vowel sounds of "hey". The "eh" of E is a quick eh, chopped at the end (and definitely no breathy "h", I give you "eh" just to understand the vowel sound there without resorting to cryptic pronunciation symbols that I'd have to look up).

Iseki = ee - seh - kee

Note that "R" is complicated as there's no exact such thing in Japanese; it's kind of a combination R and L to us.

/ How do you say "Iseki" #19  
I have trouble pronouncing the "R" in Iseki, too.

:D

Bruce