How I got out of the woods

/ How I got out of the woods #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Jeez, I meant to take a picture, but I wanted to let you guys know what has been my process for broken hoses in the sticks. There are hose repair kits you can use, but they are not cheap, and the ruputures always seem to be inaccessible.

So what I did is I bought two long hoses. One is 1/4 and one is 1/2" Both have JIC female fittings. I also have a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter and a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter. This covers most of my hoses.

The length of the hose is basically from the tale of my tractor to the nose of the tractor. I could probably do shorter but....

Anyway, so when this 3/4 hose popped, I was able to disconnect at the pump and run the hose out of the engine compartment past my driver seat and down to the front wheel. I like the 1/2 because it is bendable. A lot more than the 3/4. With these hoses I have been able to walk out of pretty much every hose rupture I have had. Take a bungee cord as you might want to wrap up or tuck away the excess. I do not continue to work, I get back to the shop and get on with hose replacement. I feel comfortable that I am not endangering anything with the smaller hose size as I am not pushing the machine. I also have 1" hoses on my machine (from the tank to the pump and a return line) but as they are not under pressure, I am not worried about rupture and so no backups.

Hope this helps anyone for the future.