Buying Advice How long is to long

/ How long is to long #1  

p0peye

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 2520
I ordered a JD2520 W/62D and 200CX loader also a box blade.. The dealer had everything but the 62D mmm. I have been waiting for the 62d to come in so they could deliver everything and asked just to be updated every few days. I end up having to call to find out the status because they don't call. So how long does it take on avg to get your tractor and did your dealer keep you updated through the process. Waiting seems so long once you decide and order. Thanks

/ How long is to long #2  
I just ordered a tractor this week and it will be here late August. My dealer told me that things are shipping very slow. Must be something to do with the border crossing slowwing things down?

/ How long is to long #3  
Hello p0peye and welcome to TBN:)
When I ordered my 2520 in first week of Dec. of last year,I waited a little over a month (took delivery in middle of Jan.) because of the loader being delayed coming from Canada. I guess things are coming from south of the border now.
Either way,I don't think it's out of the ordinary that you are having to wait. Do you know if the decks are made in Mexico also?
From the initial order,my dealer told me pretty much the time frame for delivery.
When I changed the loader bucket to the 61" heavy duty,that is when the delivery date got pushed into January. My salesman kept me informed through emails.
Good luck with your transaction:)

Greg

/ How long is to long #4  
Why wouldn't you take delivery of tractor, loader and box blade and wait on the MMM.??

/ How long is to long
Not offered they want to bring it complete to be sure it is right for my land and uses. I have 11 ac and will mow about 4 ac will do a food plot out back also a small garden next to house. I also get alot of snow where I live and my driveway is 275 ft I use my Honda 4 wheeler to plow but the driveway seems to get very narrow can't push it back after awhile so will use the fel to move it back and plow when it is to heavy for the 4 wheeler.

/ How long is to long #6  
Two weeks ago I ordered a 2305, 62" MMM and a CX200. The tractor was in stock and the deck came in Friday. They assembled it and delivered it that afternoon. The FEL will be here on 7/15/10 and they promised to come get the tractor, mount the FEL, teach me how to Un-mount & mount it and then re-deliver it to me. I hate waiting a month but still don't think that is too bad.

Clint in Kentucky

/ How long is to long #7  
My 2720 took over 2 months to get delivered. Since I needed to mow my property badly I asked the dealer to lend me a demo riding mower, which they did. You should ask your dealer for the same favor if needed. If you need more than the mower see if they have a spare compact tractor for you, that might be more difficult though.