HOW MUCH DOES MY ROPS WEIGH?

/ HOW MUCH DOES MY ROPS WEIGH? #1  

escavader

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx-23 ,
I built my new cab ,very rugged and im positive it will hold up well if i roll.The cab must weigh 500 lbs.Even though i used the unfinished version last year[to test the perfomance with the weight],and it performed well,i was wondering if i could knock off alot of weight by removing the rops. Iknow on some other cabs you need to remove it.Other cabs ive checked weigh in 350 to 400 lbs ,i think mines a little heavier but im not sure.
Do i need to be concerned with weight ,and or how much could i save by removeing that rops?
ALAN

/ HOW MUCH DOES MY ROPS WEIGH? #2  
Shhhhh! You're going to wake up the ROPS police.

/ HOW MUCH DOES MY ROPS WEIGH? #3  
No way I would do it. The thing weighs 60# max. After seeing first-hand how easy it is to roll a tractor (and seeing plenty of posts in this forum), I would never risk removing it.

/ HOW MUCH DOES MY ROPS WEIGH?
No way I would do it. The thing weighs 60# max. After seeing first-hand how easy it is to roll a tractor (and seeing plenty of posts in this forum), I would never risk removing it.

REALLY thats it ?It sure looks heavier than that.Icould go on a diet and stand to lose that much:D Some of the manufactured cabs require you to remove the rops.Ithink i recall JUNKMAN telling me he had to take his off.Mabey im being paranoid,im thinking a 500 lb cab and a 54 inch snowblower is gonna break something ,probably not?It felt pretty good back there on a trial run last spring.
ALAN