How much hydraulic fluid

/ How much hydraulic fluid #1  

snoboy

Silver Member
Tractor
04' Branson 4020
Regarding a Branson 4020 TLB. The book says (my conversion from liters to US measurement) apx. 9.25 gallons in the trans/hydraulic resevoir with an additional 7.4 quarts in the front axel. My question is... how much to the 9.25 gallon resevoir do I add for the backhoe and the loader? My total number for fluid is 11.1 gallons plus loader and backhoe. Will another gallon of fluid cover this?

/ How much hydraulic fluid #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My total number for fluid is 11.1 gallons )</font>

Then that is your answer. Your tractor doesn't care what attachments are connected.

/ How much hydraulic fluid #3  
Gatorboy's answer is most likely correct, but you do have to consider any fluid the implement may take from the system.

For example if the backhoe were dry, fluid from your tractor's system would move into the backhoe and therefore the system level would drop a bit.

Best thing is to have some extra fluid handy and to check fluid level after the implement is on for the first time and add as necessary, if necessary.

"Best" from my perspective anyway... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How much hydraulic fluid #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For example if the backhoe were dry, fluid from your tractor's system would move into the backhoe and therefore the system level would drop a bit. )</font>

Maybe I read the original post too fast. My first reaction was how exactly do you intend on putting 12 gallons in a 11 gallon container?

After you hook up attachments with dry hoses, they will fill with fluid, and your level may drop a bit. Run your new attachments for a minute or so, and then check the hydraulic fluid again. You may or may not have to add more to keep it within limits.