How much to top off R22a Freon

/ How much to top off R22a Freon #31  
Now ,I never said it's a long term repair, But for someone to get by for a while ,it is doable unlike his guy said. I have made the repairs for people that didn't have the resources for a complete replacement until, they could come up with the recourses . Usually, until the next leak occurs:D

/ How much to top off R22a Freon #32  
With 30 + years in the business....I have to disagree with you on that statement.. If you want something close to R22 use some 407C. Of course, all the engineers, chemist , with the refrigerant & A/C manufactures warn against mixing any of the Refrigerants.. Once mixed you have a blend. will these conjured up blends mix with the oil ?? Probably not. Hey, do as you like,, You don't have much invested if it craps out ;)

Only 20 years in the industry, and the one thing I've learned to run a successful business is you not only have to know what you're doing and treat people fair, but also realize that some customers are not worth having. For some reason this thread made me think of that:D

/ How much to top off R22a Freon #33  
FYI ---We just had our Summer service and inspection on our two heat pumps....the tech told me that in 2015 no more of the old Freon will be manufactured...and what is currently in stock is all there will ever be , consequently prices for that old type Freon will skyrocket out of sight...He said to fill our 4 Ton unit with freon could run $900...

Interesting, not sure when the date got moved up to 2015, as it was 2020. I believe your service tech got mixed up as to when production of r22 is going to be regulated up until 2020. Next year however dose start the 14 SEER minimum mandate. I could be incorrect as they recently struck down the 90% furnace mandate, but if next year was the end of production of r22 altogether, prices would already be through the roof.

Last edited:
   / How much to top off R22a Freon #34  
Your unit will have at a tag on it that tells how much freon it holds. I just had 2 of them done.

Units do come pre charged from the factory (usually for 15') but you'll need to check install manual for additional charge for length of line set and coil match.

Never mind, package unit lmfao

/ How much to top off R22a Freon
Interesting, not sure when the date got moved up to 2015, as it was 2020. I believe your service tech got mixed up as to when production of r22 is going to be regulated up until 2020. Next year however dose start the 14 SEER minimum mandate. I could be incorrect as they recently struck down the 90% furnace mandate, but if next year was the end of production of r22 altogether, prices would already be through the roof.

I read "somewhere" that so much R22 is reclaimed that they are destroying it rather then reprocessing and selling the reclaimes. Could be lunatic conspiracy talk, financially decision, complete BS, or an attempt to force people to buy new units. Of coarse I found it on the Internet, so it has to be true.

/ How much to top off R22a Freon #36  
I read "somewhere" that so much R22 is that they are destroying it rather then reprocessing and selling the reclaimes. Could be lunatic conspiracy talk, financially decision, complete BS, or an attempt to force people to buy new units. Of coarse I found it on the Internet, so it has to be true.

The amount of reclaimed r-22 has absolutely no bearing in any sane reasonable sales pitch on why you may need a new HVAC unit. There is plenty of virgin 22 in the market right now, although extremely higher in price than years ago.

I'm leaning towards BS:D