How tall is the 790

/ How tall is the 790 #1  

pruntyc

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4110 HST
I'm kind of thinking of buying one, but not sure it will go in my garage door. I know it don't have a folding ROPS, so can't make it less than what it is. Thanks

/ How tall is the 790 #2  
My 790 with 12.4-16 R1s would fit in the 7 foot door of our old house. There was about an inch to clear from where the garage door hung down which meant about three inches from the door frame. I now have the ROPS extension for the backhoe but also have 8 foot doors on our new house. If you want an actual measurement let me know, it's only a tape measure away and I can account for the ROPS extension /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

OK, got my tired rear out of the chair... It's 87 inches to the top of my ROPS with the extensions in. They add 9 1/4 inches so without was 77 3/4 inches. Tires may vary this dimension several inches /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How tall is the 790
I guess it would work then, as I have just 81 inches, so in the high 70's would make it work without hitting anything. Of course it would have been nice if they had made them folding, but 3 inches will work. I was planning on getting R4's I believe they are, do you know how much that would add, or would it be less?

/ How tall is the 790 #4  
I've got the R4's on my 790. My garage door is 83" and I have just about an inch clearance when I back out.

I just measured the door...the tractor is setting outside tonight. FYI, I had to adjust the travel on my door to get the machine in my garage.

With 81", it's going to be mighty tight, I think.

Great tractor though...if you haven't driven one yet, give one a try!

/ How tall is the 790 #5  
Hey Rob

What does the extension kit made of parts wise and how much? thanks Tim

/ How tall is the 790 #6  
Since the 790 ROPS bolts together at the upper corners, it's a pretty simple thing. A couple of rectangular section tubes to match the ROPS and some inner pieces with tapped holes and a bunch more bolts. You unbolt the top section, add the inner parts then slip the tubes over it. The upper corners then slide into the upper end of the new tubes. I can't remember how much, but as with anything painted JD Green, it was more than you would expect.

Check the Deere site under the configurator. It should be out there with pricing /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How tall is the 790 #7  
thanks Rob

I will take a look on jd web site

TIm

/ How tall is the 790 #8  
Hmmmm. Just a random thought here from another guy with OH clearance problems. Could you also take the ROPS apart, shorten the sides an inch or two, put it back together, and have it work? Obviously, JD wouldn't approve of it, but it's beats the snot out of no ROPS at all.

/ How tall is the 790 #9  
<font color="blue">Could you also take the ROPS apart, shorten the sides an inch or two, put it back together </font>

Because the 790 is a bolt together ROPS I think you could get away with this. You'd want to cut the right amount off to shift the bolts down an even increment of holes and drill new holes to make up for those cut off. As long as you're using the same number of bolts it ought to be fine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif