How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new?

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #31  
Topkicker said:
A pressure washer, automotive soap, and the 3rd garage bay. :thumbsup: Not much you can do about scratches. If you use it, the scratches just come naturally.

They are not scratches! They were battle wounds..
:laughing:

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #33  
It was me.. Course I made the tractor fight the briar patch!

;)

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #34  
Just finished getting mine ready for winter... a quick wash, then a couple coats of Liquid Glass on the hood and other non-greasy surfaces. That stuff makes snow, dirt, and everything else just slide right off with a hose, either air or water, depending on season. (Even the cat can't stand on the hood after Liquid Glass treatment, he slides right off!)

Next, finish cleaning, sharpening & greasing the MMM, then put that away and get the blower out, won't be long!:D

Had a bit of a delay, however- seems my Jetta TDI wagon was finally ready for new rotors & pads on the front....:cool:

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #35  
Just finished getting mine ready for winter... a quick wash, then a couple coats of Liquid Glass on the hood and other non-greasy surfaces. That stuff makes snow, dirt, and everything else just slide right off with a hose, either air or water, depending on season. (Even the cat can't stand on the hood after Liquid Glass treatment, he slides right off!)

Next, finish cleaning, sharpening & greasing the MMM, then put that away and get the blower out, won't be long!:D

Had a bit of a delay, however- seems my Jetta TDI wagon was finally ready for new rotors & pads on the front....:cool:

Do you use liquid glass on the snow blade? Where do you get it?

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #36  
Before I bought the tractor...(4 sale sign still on) and after I bought the tractor. I've had it one year tomorrow. Needed some TLC.

Attachments

• IMG00199.jpg
    IMG00199.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG00198.jpg
    IMG00198.jpg
    788.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 100_1115.JPG
    100_1115.JPG
    631.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_1116.JPG
    100_1116.JPG
    643 KB · Views: 125
   / How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #37  
Before I bought the tractor...(4 sale sign still on) and after I bought the tractor. I've had it one year tomorrow. Needed some TLC.

WOW. Nice job.:thumbsup:

Wanta do mine?:laughing:

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new?

Nice,
Looks newer than mine :) I thought those pictures looked like they were from Maine.

/ How the heck do you keep your tractor looking new? #39  
BobRip- I don't remember where I got this one. Could have been an auto parts store, could have been K-Mart, Wally World....

As I understand it, Liquid Glass was the original; patents have now expired (?) and virtually all wax makers make this type- Simoniz, Turtle Wax, Mother's, etc. It's a synthetic polymer, not really a wax, though some better types have Carauba wax mixed in as well.

It's liquid, goes on just like any other liquid wax: let dry to a haze, then buff. The difference is what happens afterward- LG says to let it set at least 4 hours before second coat, and parking right in the sun helps the material to "cure." (Yes, it can be applied in direct sunlight, too.)

It does seem to "flow out" after a day or so; it feels even slicker. Almost like a clearcoat.

And yes, it does last a year or more, if you put on two or three coats.

Here's a pic of LG and another similar product.

And, yes, I do put some on the snowblower, inside and outside. Don't know really how long it lasts on the inside, but it makes me feel better, anyway!:laughing: Don't know about a blade, but it probably couldn't hurt. I understand there are special products out there that are made specifcally for snowplows.

Attachments

• DSC03182.JPG
    DSC03182.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 102