How to Break In Reman Engine

/ How to Break In Reman Engine
So I have got to the first 50 hours. Would you guys change the oil before winter? Or let it sit then change it in the spring?

/ How to Break In Reman Engine #22  
So I have got to the first 50 hours. Would you guys change the oil before winter? Or let it sit then change it in the spring?

I don't think it will matter either way. I like tinkering, so personally I'd just change it because I like to.

Okay. I just know I had 1 person say to change oil every spring before using. Assuming due to winter and temp changes possibly causing condensation in the oil. Then another said they would change right when I get 50 now then again in the spring? Sounded alittle overboard to me but I have little knowledge on all this.

/ How to Break In Reman Engine #24  
This is all they said. Is it really this easy?? I have read you have to idle so long then rev to certain ram for so long or something. Also I wanted to use only Kubota oil and coolant so I know its good instead of other brands. And also my manual says 10w30.

15w40 diesel oil from the start (we recommend a 15W40 Shell Rotella, but any 15W40 diesel oil will do);
*1. Do not use synthetic oil in the engine before 2000 hours. Use of synthetic oil will prevent the rings from seating properly, which in turn will cause the engine to smoke for the life of the engine.
2. Do not run the engine over ¾ throttle for the first 50 hours. Again, this will prevent the rings from properly seating.
3. Perform an oil change after the first 50 hours.
4. Perform an oil change again at 100 hours.
5. After 100 hours, proceed with the maintenance schedule provided in the machines operators manual.
*6. Use a 50/50 green mix coolant.
My new B2650 break-in was the same. 50 hours change engine oil and filter. Operate at 75% working rpm and load until then. By load I mean try and avoid, at 75% working rpm, any workloads that drop the rpm more than about 50 to 75 rpm, at least on my machine. Don't get near lugging your new motor! I went with around 2000 rpm 50 hour break-in on my 2500 working rpm machine. Then did oil and filter again at 200 hours regular interval. Kubota brand supplies and recommended viscosity. During the 50 to 200 hour span added more full rpm and load work, then whatever, she purrs at idle now and honks a 6" log through the chipper with a solid howl and gets it done.
Basically take it easy, but don't totally baby the new engine either. I work it hard for short periods during break-in, like for a few seconds at most, a few times, and babied it other times, to vary load conditions somewhat.

/ How to Break In Reman Engine #25  
Now during the break in. Could I use the Backhoe and front loader? Or does that put pressure on the motor also?
Do put some pressure on the engine. "75%" pressure is good!

/ How to Break In Reman Engine #27  
Change it!
Warm up the tractor and do the oil and filter. Then put it away. The oil carries all kinds of contaminants of combustion and wear that are unhealthy to store in the engine over long periods. Freshly changed oil circulated through it and then put away for the winter is ideal.

Warm up the tractor and do the oil and filter. Then put it away. The oil carries all kinds of contaminants of combustion and wear that are unhealthy to store in the engine over long periods. Freshly changed oil circulated through it and then put away for the winter is ideal.
Okay Thank You!

/ How to Break In Reman Engine #29  
I don't know what would be different about a Kubota tractor engine vs John Deere, if ~ same HP rating, so I will post what *they* say. For their engines, they specify J.D. Break-in+ 10W/30 for a minimum of 100 hours, and no more than 500 hours. I change the oil and filter at the 100 hr mark, then switch to 15w/40 (but based on outdoor temps, maybe 10W30).

PMB Product:

I have followed their procedure on 2 tractors, and have had no issues either during or after the time frame. After just a few minutes of mild use warm-up, I worked the tractor in the normal way as any other tractor not being broken in.