How to make ramps stand up on gooseneck

/ How to make ramps stand up on gooseneck #11  
Same thing happened to me on my first new car. It was a 99 S-10 Blazzer and we lifted the rear end of the truck up with me, my dad, and a buddy and a 8' piece of fence post pipe. They had to burn them off with a torch, press in new studs, and get replacement rims and then when I got it back the rotors were warped. I took it back and made them replace them.

Chris

/ How to make ramps stand up on gooseneck
I pulled the drums off last night and there was plenty of grease in all the bearings and the castle nut seemed to have the right amount of pressure on the bearings when taking them off. On the right rear though, I found a backing plate nut (they hold the backing plate to the axle) laying in the bottom of the drum!? I thought oh crud one fell off but all the studs had nuts on them. I guess the axle assembler droped one in there and said heck with it and just got another one! The nut looked to be a 3/8" fine thread. The drum was not scored and the brake shoes were not chewed up. I got lucky and this nut stayed at the bottom of the drum. I just wonder if the nut got in between the drum and shoe if it would have locked the wheel up? 1600 miles like this is a scary thought!

/ How to make ramps stand up on gooseneck #13  
I pulled the drums off last night and there was plenty of grease in all the bearings and the castle nut seemed to have the right amount of pressure on the bearings when taking them off. On the right rear though, I found a backing plate nut (they hold the backing plate to the axle) laying in the bottom of the drum!? I thought oh crud one fell off but all the studs had nuts on them. I guess the axle assembler droped one in there and said heck with it and just got another one! The nut looked to be a 3/8" fine thread. The drum was not scored and the brake shoes were not chewed up. I got lucky and this nut stayed at the bottom of the drum. I just wonder if the nut got in between the drum and shoe if it would have locked the wheel up? 1600 miles like this is a scary thought!
That excess hardware story reminds me about a chainsaw once. Got it new out of the box. Pulled the rope and it locked up. Pulled plug and it was still locked up tight. Even a wrench on the flywheel couldn't turn it. Found after trouble shotting for a while a spare bar nut attached to the backside of the flywheel on the magnet lodged against the case. Go figure!!!

/ How to make ramps stand up on gooseneck #15  
Those came out great.

How is the Gator Made treating you now? I know you had some issues right out of the box.

Chris

/ How to make ramps stand up on gooseneck
Those came out great.

How is the Gator Made treating you now? I know you had some issues right out of the box.

Chris

Thanks Chris,
I had a call back from the BBB of Sommerset, KY and I told them the story. I then get a call from the Gator Made warranty dept. and he asked about the problems. I had already talked to the same guy before about the problems but he acted like they were new to him so I asked for the owner to call me. Never heard from the owner. In September one of the LED lights over the neck quit working so I called one of the salesman and they sent one right out. In November one of the LED tail lights quit working so I called the general Gator Made phone number and left a message. Never heard back. Hit and miss I would say. As time passes between dealing with Gatormade when I bought it and now, the more I like the trailer and add personal touches to it.

Mike