How to paint Bobcat skid steer question.

/ How to paint Bobcat skid steer question.
Thanks radman1 for your tips!

Started prep work on the Bobcat today and went with a product the
auto paint guy recommended to remove grease called Aqua-clean and I'm not impressed. What is a good grease remover product?

/ How to paint Bobcat skid steer question. #13  
Thanks RobertN, the site has great information like you said.

/ How to paint Bobcat skid steer question. #15  
Use this product- you will NOT be disappointed!
Permatex 22732 Spray Nine Grez-Off® Heavy Duty Degreaser; it works GREAT! I know because I used it in my foreign car shop!:D
Also the spray nine is an excellent product for cleaning MANY surfaces.

I finished touching up my Bobcat today. I thought I would post a couple of pictures. I used two products to remove grease, one called Aqua Kleen and another called Purple Power. I then used a grinder with wire brush and drill with wire brush to strip loose paint. Then I used a product called Rust Blast that etches and prepares metal to be primed with three coats of Rust Sealer. Finished off with several cans of Bobcat spray paint. Very happy with results. Thanks for all the advice I received.

Attachments

• B733 001.jpg
    B733 001.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 4,137
  • B733 002.jpg
    B733 002.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 7,216
  • B733 003.jpg
    B733 003.jpg
    719.4 KB · Views: 4,286
   / How to paint Bobcat skid steer question. #17  
Cat looks great!:thumbsup:
How much time and materials cost - if you don't mind sharing?

Cat looks great!:thumbsup:
How much time and materials cost - if you don't mind sharing?

Two cans of charcol, three cans of white, two cans of orange at $9 a piece. A quart of primer, Aqua clean, Rust Blast, a box of rubber gloves and 6 throw away brushes and plastic containers about $90. 2 gallons of Purple Power degreaser, masking tape & paper about $40. Two days of work plus trips to the store and a helper for three hours. Also $30 for kerosene heater to heat garage. of course there are supplies left over if ever needed again. Maybe my trailer next?

/ How to paint Bobcat skid steer question. #19  
denver 2

Very nice job. It really amazes me how well a bobcat skid steer can look with a little prep, primer and rattle can spray paint. I have done 2 and they really looked nice when done. In addition, the paint job you did will last a long time and the value of your skid steer went up considerably. The bobcat spray paint does a good a job of matching and is durable. I have only painted bobcat skid steers, but I feel the white color used by bobcat, maybe the easiest color to blend with existing color and give excellent results. Yes, you will get a few blemishes in the future, but they will be easy to touch up.