How to plumb 3rd function on 3016 with 3720 backhoe

/ How to plumb 3rd function on 3016 with 3720 backhoe #1  

monkeyman9

Tractor
Ford
I have a Mahindra 3016 with a 3720 factor backhoe. I'm trying to figure how/where you plumb in a 3rd function valve to the hydraulics with the backhoe on there. Anyone have any insight?

/ How to plumb 3rd function on 3016 with 3720 backhoe #2  
I looked through the manual for the 3016 but didn't see anything pertaining to backhoe. Do you have the manual for the backhoe? That might provide some clue.
I am not a hydraulics expert, but I believe that generally either the 3rd function will have to have a power beyond port so it can be plumbed in between the loader valve and the backhoe, or the backhoe block should have a power beyond port that you will then route up to your 3rd function.

It would almost certainly be easier and cheaper to just use a diverter valve.

/ How to plumb 3rd function on 3016 with 3720 backhoe
I looked through the manual for the 3016 but didn't see anything pertaining to backhoe. Do you have the manual for the backhoe? That might provide some clue.
I am not a hydraulics expert, but I believe that generally either the 3rd function will have to have a power beyond port so it can be plumbed in between the loader valve and the backhoe, or the backhoe block should have a power beyond port that you will then route up to your 3rd function.

It would almost certainly be easier and cheaper to just use a diverter valve.
I already bought the 3rd fintion valve. I think I need to connect the power beyond from the loader valve to the third function valve then the output of that to the backhoe on the same line. The weird thing is the backhoe has two lines in and then a tank out.
20211209_152732-jpg.724471

Attachments

• 20211209_152631.jpg
    20211209_152631.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 61
   / How to plumb 3rd function on 3016 with 3720 backhoe #4  
I can send you my drop box link for the 3016/3616 service manuals... i would come off of the loader power beyond to new valve "IN" port then on the "OUT" port hook it back to where the original line went that way it shouldn't interfere with the backhoe... somewhere on my posts on my 2638 on here i posted pics of the 3rd function i installed on my 2638. Close as i could get it to a W.R. Long setup. i couldn't buy the W.R. setup in canada with out a HUGE import cost etc. One dealer had or could get but was like double what i wanted to pay at the time...

/ How to plumb 3rd function on 3016 with 3720 backhoe
I can send you my drop box link for the 3016/3616 service manuals... i would come off of the loader power beyond to new valve "IN" port then on the "OUT" port hook it back to where the original line went that way it shouldn't interfere with the backhoe... somewhere on my posts on my 2638 on here i posted pics of the 3rd function i installed on my 2638. Close as i could get it to a W.R. Long setup. i couldn't buy the W.R. setup in canada with out a HUGE import cost etc. One dealer had or could get but was like double what i wanted to pay at the time...
I'll PM you. Thanks