How to price a TLB

/ How to price a TLB #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have been looking at older used TLBs off and on for a year or so. I still haven't been able to figure out how the prices are determined. We are looking for a 2wd with cab, in sound working condition for occasional use. I see similar machines anywhere from $12,000 to $20,000 and have not been able to spot a pattern to figure it out. I know you'd probably have to write a book to explain it all, but can anyone offer any insight? Especially, if you can only answer one question, it would be this: What price do you think draws the line between junk and a decent buggy?

/ How to price a TLB #2  
Wow, that is one heck of a question and I know I don't really have the answers but there are tons of variables that attribute to the costs. But a general price before it's junk on a 2wd, cab, & good condition but depending on how old lets use 10 yrs old a 1992 but also shoot brand let's use Cat....I had a 93 Cat 416B w/ 3500hrs, 2wd, NO cab but good condition with lots of life left in her and I settled on $19,000. Now I've been told that I gave it away but another thing is that if the seller (which I had to) needs to sell it for something else then it's a buyers market. But after owning a 2wd I will not buy another one compared to the 4wd's. Value, work you can do, you can't go wrong with a 4wd. Anyway I guess I didn't answer anything for you but maybe gave you more questions /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif. I would just keep on checking and once you find one call a local dealer for a price check or post a message here.

Darin

/ How to price a TLB #3  
[this is a test of my new username]

One thing I have noticed is that prices seem to be "softening" along with the economy.

-Don M