How to pull the crankshaft gear on Ford 4500

/ How to pull the crankshaft gear on Ford 4500 #1  

Armymutt

Tractor
JD 455
After discovering a crack between two cylinders, we've stripped the block down. Right now, I have the crankshaft gear, the camshaft drive gear, and the camshaft gear still on the front end. The manual shows a special tool for removing the crankshaft gear, which Google is failing to find for me. My current plan is to get a short block, get my head checked, and put it on the tractor. If I can't get these gears off in one piece, or the head costs too much to recondition, I'm probably going for a long block. Any suggestions on how to get the crankshaft gear off?

/ How to pull the crankshaft gear on Ford 4500 #2  
I believe a regular jaw puller would take it off (I can check tomorrow), but why are you pulling the crank gear? It can stay on the crankshaft and will come out when you drop the crankshaft. No need to remove if it is in good shape even if you need to have it ground.
Also, is it a power shuttle transmission? If so, reaseal the shuttle clutch assembly and check flex plate for cracks.

/ How to pull the crankshaft gear on Ford 4500 #3  
Agreed.

I have never opened up a 4500, but on anything else I have ever worked on, never had the need to remove the crank gear.

/ How to pull the crankshaft gear on Ford 4500
It needs to come off because the short blocks don't come with one.

/ How to pull the crankshaft gear on Ford 4500 #5  
A 3-jaw puller if there is something to get ahold of. May take a little heat. If nothing to get ahold of, you need an actual puller set that has a bearing spreader and the accessories to go with it.

May be ahead to get a new timing set