HST question

/ HST question #1  

firefighter jim

Gold Member
The fluid level in the HST fluid check window of my L3400 dropped somewhat since fall (from upper level in window to mid level in window). No fluid leaks noted anywhere. Loader and 3 point in same position when checked. Haven't removed and reinstalled hydraulic couplings at all. Would cold temperatures effect level? Thanks, Jim

/ HST question #3  
Hi check the vent on the system . I got a b7510 hst the first time i check the oil there is nothing on the deep stick because there is a bit of pressure in the tube . So i check it twice and its ok

/ HST question #4  
Hi,
Cold may matter a little, but not on a practical basis. There is always the possibility that you have somehow liberated some trapped air in the system, which is now replaced with oil. Air expands and contracts much more than oil, so this could account for the difference. I would not worry about it, so long as it is in the window correctly.

/ HST question #5  
On some of our equipment it is quite noticable of a difference in fluids. This is not so much so with a compact but with the rear differntial it might be close!

On some of our larger engines like the 505cu.in it might read up to a gallon low between hot and cold checks.