husqvarna 395xp

/ husqvarna 395xp #1  

tractorhal

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4400 w/R-1 & R-3
How to reset chain brake on 395xp? Found one video on u tube but enough info to make tool. Made tool but could not get it to set. The new models are different.

/ husqvarna 395xp #2  
on my 395 after I put chainsaw brake on I could not get it off, took to the dealer and he said they are very hard to reset and he did mine. I do not use it now. I am afraid of breaking safety lever .

/ husqvarna 395xp #3  
How to reset chain brake on 395xp? Found one video on u tube but enough info to make tool. Made tool but could not get it to set. The new models are different.
I have not noticed that it works drastically different than my other saws. Maybe a bit stiffer. Did you trip the brake off the saw or on it?

/ husqvarna 395xp #4  
No tool for older 394 395 design I know of. The tool and one you make was for later ones like on 346 etc.

One that I do since easy for me. I just remove the clutch and drum from saw. Put on cover and reset.

If you dont want to do that. Put you cover in a vise and reset. Use wood etc to keep from marring.

h394pss.jpg

g395bluee.jpg

Last edited:
   / husqvarna 395xp
I am familiar with the reset using a screnwrench modified to fit the reset and the tool husqv. sells for the saws with the chain brake on the block. The older saws the chain brake is on-in, the other cover. I have not reached a live person to talk to at husqv. The computer talk is a waste of time in my opinion, it is not real. The one on You Tube video does not give enough details, may be a husqv repair- sales. I have tried the tool I made, and HD clamps to rest. May be I am not pulling hard enough

/ husqvarna 395xp
XYZ123.
I reread your post and understand what your saying. Do you use spacers or any items to tighten the cover on too?

/ husqvarna 395xp #7  
XYZ123.
I reread your post and understand what your saying. Do you use spacers or any items to tighten the cover on too?
Nope, never had to on any cover that has come in.

/ husqvarna 395xp #8  
When I bought my 562 XP AT the dealer emphasized making sure the brake was off before removing the side cover