Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering #1  

mikefrommichigan

I own a 4 year old Husqvarna YTH24V48 (Product 960450063).
Like others this tractor's steering is becoming sloppy.

I tightened the steering wheel nut as it was a little loose but this did not fix it.

The parts diagram shows that the bushing part # is 585029802, but when I removed the dash panel to see the old bushing, the bushing was white and plastic and not metal.
The old bushing also did not have 2 bolt holes on it.

I contacted Husqvarna to determine which bushing I should use. They replied that this tractor uses the 585029802 bushing.

Anyone know which bushing I should use?
I do not want to remove the old bushing and have my tractor unusable for too long.

I may end up trying to adapt the metal bushing as member GT48DXLS did in a message dated Feb 15 2021 if I cannot determine which bushing is the correct one, assuming the shaft diameter is the same

Thanks

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering #2  
I own a 4 year old Husqvarna YTH24V48 (Product 960450063).
Like others this tractor's steering is becoming sloppy.

I tightened the steering wheel nut as it was a little loose but this did not fix it.

The parts diagram shows that the bushing part # is 585029802, but when I removed the dash panel to see the old bushing, the bushing was white and plastic and not metal.
The old bushing also did not have 2 bolt holes on it.

I contacted Husqvarna to determine which bushing I should use. They replied that this tractor uses the 585029802 bushing.

Anyone know which bushing I should use?
I do not want to remove the old bushing and have my tractor unusable for too long.

I may end up trying to adapt the metal bushing as member GT48DXLS did in a message dated Feb 15 2021 if I cannot determine which bushing is the correct one, assuming the shaft diameter is the same

Thanks
Hey Mike, I have the same tractor as you, a 2014 model with 230hrs. We have had that issue for about 5 yrs, we just deal with it. I totally understand why you want to fix it
I think I saw a you tube video about someone using a brass bushing. Dennis Coffee’s YouTube channel he’s all about that tractor! Good luck 🇺🇦☮️✌🏻

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering #3  
Plastic?! Figures. I posted in a chainsaw thread how hessvarna is really cheaping out on their saws. No clips at all on the fuel lines.

I will not buy another hussyvarna machine.

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering #4  
Yes, the little plastic bushing is replaced with that style.

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering #5  
I have a craftsman which is just a rebadged husky. I replaced the upper plastic bushing with a block that had a bronze bushing in it.
The lower steel bushing got loose so I drilled it out and pressed in a bronze bushing.
My steering shaft is 3/4” so finding bushings is easy.

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering
Thanks for the replies. Been on vacation so couldn't answer sooner. I have decided to wait until fall to deal with it and hope it does not completely give out before then.

/ Husqvarna YTH24V48 sloppy steering #7  
Thanks for the replies. Been on vacation so couldn't answer sooner. I have decided to wait until fall to deal with it and hope it does not completely give out before then.
Mine has been like that for several years now at the least!