hyd fitting repair

/ hyd fitting repair #1  

daylor4

today i tried to fix a leaking plug on my long but everything went wrong. i took it out, cleaned it up and put a new o ring on it. when i put it back in i stripped the threads out on the valve body. it has about two threads left in the very back of the hole that the plug barelly reaches. anybody know any way to fix short of buying a new one. please help

/ hyd fitting repair #2  
G'day you may be able to put a helicoil or some other thread replacement in it

Jon

/ hyd fitting repair
does helicoil make a kit in 7/8 thread and if so where can i get one

/ hyd fitting repair #4  
good morning all. Daylor you may have to go a hydraulic place where you can have them check the fitting for you and tell you what kind of threads are on your old fitting. It is more than likely some type of pipe thread, such as american, metric, or even possibly a british pipe thread, so most regular heli-coils type threads will not work. They even be able get you the type of threading kit you need or they may be able to do it for you. The heli-coil kits are pretty expensive, and may not be worth the cost for just one fitting. If they could do it, it would, or should, still be cheaper than a new valve. good luck zman

/ hyd fitting repair #5  
G'day if you have put a new 'o' ring on it then it sounds to me like you have got a un 'o' ring fitting which will be a unf thread helicoil do make a kit that size but as mentioned will be expensive for one use what if you were to try a local engineering firm they may already have a kit and just charge you to fit it:)

Jon

/ hyd fitting repair #6  
might be able to drill out larger and tap.. but this may destroy the orb face.. so you might have to go back pipe.. etc..

soundguy

/ hyd fitting repair #7  
completly dissasemble the valve, tig weld in a half pipe of comparable sizecoupler (make sure its right side up) replace o ring fitting with pipe and you should be okay if you cant weld yourself maybe a local job shop, this job shouldnt take more than 1/2 an hour if you take the valve apart, this might not be worth it if a new valve is cheap enough but it does work I have done it a few times, here is a pic of similar fix on a hydraulic pump blue is original black is one I repaired ,good luck

Attachments

• valve 013.JPG
    valve 013.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 101
  • valve 014.JPG
    valve 014.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 100