Hyd lines

/ Hyd lines #1  

DougM

Gold Member
Tractor
GC 2310
I just got my GC 2310 back from the shop ...

Had to have all most all the hyd lines re placed as they were dripping they were OVER tightend when new
For now no more wet floor in the garage ..
Had my front tires Foam filled also REALY like it.
DougM /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Hyd lines #2  
loooking for info on filling tires?
im getting a 1428V with R4s and asked the dealer what they fill them with and he said air. i live in tx and it never really freezes where im at but he said they would fill them with water if i wanted. i think the weight will be good , but what about rusting the rims. i have heard that some fill with antifreeze so as to not damage the rims. any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated

/ Hyd lines #3  
Most likely the water would be inside a tube and not in direct contact with the rim itself. Usually the fill is calcium chloride, which is much heavier than water. Yes it can rust your rim but it has to have contct with air to do so. Most people go this route I do believe. I don't know how much weight you would gain by filling your tires with water, I know in my MF 135 there was a difference in 150-200 lbs I think betweeh straight water or calcium chloride. I have to go calcium thoguh or else it will freeze. Anti freeze does good and won't rust, but it is not really much heavier than water.

/ Hyd lines
Foam ... is solid no water must be like insulation..

NO more flat tires cost of about $ 1.oo per pound

DougM