Hyd Oil from steering column

/ Hyd Oil from steering column #1  

bbse

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3325
I just got thru bragging about a rebuild on my LK3054 when a new problem has started. I have a stream of Hydrauilic fluid coming from the top of the steering column. During the engine rebuild I replaced the rubber bushing in the steering column but I could not get a new seal. The seal seemed ok though. I am hoping that this might be a symptom of accidentally over filling? It did not do this yesterday and I cut for 2 hours. Anybody see this before? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hyd Oil from steering column #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anybody see this before? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

Yes I believe I do remember reading about this before on this site around a year back or so. (try a search).
Seems to me the older 3054 may have had a stud on the power steering unit that could work loose and leak (needed to be double nutted).
Going by memory here so I may be wrong..

/ Hyd Oil from steering column
Yes, I found that one. I must not have under stood. Mine has the oil coming out the very to of the steering column not the side. I will have to call Jon Depratt later and see if this adjustment screw is internal or external to the column? I do not remember seeing it if it is external to the upper column. I will find that post and read it again.

/ Hyd Oil from steering column #4  
You need part no 23641-06501 seal kit, that will cure your problem

Thanks for the reply. Luckily that is the exact part I have ordered after looking into the matter. I hope it is not too difficult to get to in the steering column. Do you know if it is the upper column tube area or is it below the mount base, which will make it a bear to get to?

Thanks for the info. That was it. It didn't take long to change and I am back in business.

/ Hyd Oil from steering column #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It didn't take long to change and I am back in business. )</font>
Good deal.
John